icon

installing right now, need help!!!!!

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
LudeBoi 
Copper - Posts: 81
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 25, 2002 at 5:26 PM / IP Logged  
I have a 98 Honda Prelude, I dont understand what the diagram say for the parking lights (RED / black +   empty slot in fuse panel)??also, it doesnt say weather the door trigger is positive or negative? someone pleaseeee HELP!! thanks.
securinu 
Silver - Posts: 772
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 25, 2002 at 5:28 PM / IP Logged  
one of the empty slots in the fuse block is the parkinglight feed just test and connect with a female connector to park light output and the door trigger is negative.
Dunbar 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: October 25, 2002 at 9:42 PM / IP Logged  
It would be better to connect to the RED / black wire if you can find it (less obvious.) FYI, all the triggers are negative and so are the doorlocks so you can just directly connect those two wires..
LudeBoi 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 26, 2002 at 12:18 AM / IP Logged  
THANKS to ALL you guys, I've installed everything except for the remote start (leavin it up to the pros) but i still have a problem!, the L.E.D. light will not turn off when im driving! it blinks 3 times, which means door trigger, and yes the yellow wire from the starter disable is connected, but i still left the black and green wires disconnected, can anyone help?
Dunbar 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 26, 2002 at 8:44 AM / IP Logged  
Did you connect the yellow wire on the harness to the ignition wire?
LudeBoi 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 26, 2002 at 10:55 AM / IP Logged  
There is no yellow wire coming from the harness, just a yellow one coming from the starter disable relay, thanks.
Dunbar 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 26, 2002 at 7:11 PM / IP Logged  

There should be a yellow wire on the primary remote start harness, that is the ignition input which tells the alarm when the car is started. Connect the two yellow wires to the thick yellow wire coming down from the steering column.

LudeBoi 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 27, 2002 at 12:18 AM / IP Logged  
I've got it!! thanks to ALLLL i loveee my alarmm can't wait until i get the remote start installed, i've even installed a solenoid for my trunk, n have been playing with it for a long time, haha, THANKS EVERYONE!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic