icon

Eclipse Ti vs. Brahma

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Lizardking 
Copper - Posts: 184
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2005 at 12:27 PM / IP Logged  
Quality is expensive no doubt the 15" sells for $800.  To make it fair I would put the Ti's series up against the Brahmas. The Ti series can handle insane power and the SQ is unbelievable!!!
Eclipse "Approaching Perfection"
Steven Kephart 
Platinum - Posts: 1,737
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 23, 2005 at 2:09 PM / IP Logged  

The Eclipse subs are nice.  But we do have several advantages over even the TI Pro.  First of all we have more linear excursion.  Eclipse rates their excursion incorrectly and it is actually limited to around 25mm one way on the Pro.  The Brahma is at 29mm.  Also, the Eclipse sub uses a standard overhung motor.  The Brahma uses our XBL^2 motor which greatly reduces distortion.  This means we will have much better SQ, as many who have heard both have testified.  The advantages the TI Pro will have is in greater power handling and the ability to push it further without breaking it.  So it probably has a higher peak output if you don't care about how it sounds.  If you are looking for the best SPL sub of the two, the TI Pro will probably win.

However we are revamping our line for 2005 and we will have a new top SQ line available in the Tumult series.  They will have 34mm linear one way excursion capabilities and a great deal more power handling abilities.  The coil used in it is the same used in our Brahma Extremes which Scottie Johnson uses for SPL competitions.  He runs 10 kilowatts per speaker and has never blown a voice coil.  So you know they can handle insane power as well. Eclipse Ti vs. Brahma - Page 2 -- posted image.  Good luck with your decision.

Steven Kephart

Adire Audio

Alpine Guy 
Platinum - Posts: 2,478
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2005 at 4:23 PM / IP Logged  
How long do i have to wait for the new series subs?  Will they be out by march/april?
2003 Chevy Avalanche,Eclipse CD7000,Morel Elate 5,Adire Extremis,Alpine PDX-4.150, 15" TC-3000, 2 Alpine PDX-1.1000, 470Amp HO Alt.
Ids748 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2005 at 10:54 PM / IP Logged  
Darn all this brahama talk makes me wish i didnt buy my jl and bought the shiva instead. Since reading topic it looks like i also maybe investing in a brahma very soon, as soon as the weather is better......I also wanan know if the new adire line will be out soon as good weather isnt too far away!!!
Alpine CDA-9831
Infinity Perfect 6.1
Alpine MRV-T320
1 JL 12W3V2 D2
PG Tantrum T300.2
RattlinRado 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2005 at 2:36 PM / IP Logged  

I have two Ti 15's (not Pro) being pushed by an Orion 2500d. If the Brahma's have better SQ at high volumes, I just couldn't imagine what they would sound like. I  did consider the Brahma's (among others) for my installation. I found the Eclipse Ti's local with warranty for about the same as I would have paid for the Brahma's. That, is what made my decision.

Steven Kephart 
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 24, 2005 at 3:42 PM / IP Logged  
RattlinRado wrote:

I have two Ti 15's (not Pro) being pushed by an Orion 2500d. If the Brahma's have better SQ at high volumes, I just couldn't imagine what they would sound like. I  did consider the Brahma's (among others) for my installation. I found the Eclipse Ti's local with warranty for about the same as I would have paid for the Brahma's. That, is what made my decision.

The Eclipse subs are nice.  If you are happy, then I wouldn't worry about it.  Especially since you couldn't hear the Brahma's first.  We do find that people don't like the sound of them.  They get used to hearing distortion in their music and aren't used to the "airyness" produced by XBL^2 enabled drivers. 

Steven Kephart

Adire Audio

Steven Kephart 
Posted: January 24, 2005 at 3:43 PM / IP Logged  

Alpine Guy wrote:
How long do i have to wait for the new series subs?  Will they be out by march/april?

They should be.

Steven Kephart

Adire Audio 

kfr01 
Gold - Posts: 2,121
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2005 at 4:31 PM / IP Logged  
OT, but any clues on the TMM extremis kit? (feb?) (3-way?)
;)
New Project: 2003 Pathfinder
Steven Kephart 
Posted: January 24, 2005 at 5:33 PM / IP Logged  

kfr01 wrote:
OT, but any clues on the TMM extremis kit? (feb?) (3-way?)
;)

We actually aren't the company selling them.  We are just supplying the speakers for them.  But I did notice some information on Creative Sound Solutions site.  Here's the link: http://www.creativesound.ca/

Steven Kephart

Adire Aduio

kfr01 
Gold - Posts: 2,121
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2005 at 6:14 PM / IP Logged  
Alright, I'll ask a less pointed question. Did you hear some of the CSS 4.5" and/or Extremis kits at CES? Any listening impressions you care to share?
New Project: 2003 Pathfinder
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic