icon

2001 Nissan Frontier, Autopage RS855

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
radkonn 
Copper - Posts: 73
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2005 at 9:29 PM / IP Logged  
How would I wire in a relay to bypass the clutch safety? I am in the process of installing a Autopage 855. I'm guessing I wire the clutch wire to the normally open contact points, but what wire from the alarm do I hook up to energize the relay only when it is attempting to remote start?
Thanks
2001 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2005 at 9:36 PM / IP Logged  
You need to find out first it the clutch switch is a positive or negative switch. Most clutches have two switches, an upper switch for the cruise and a lower switch for the clutch. The lower switch opens when the clutch is fully engaged. This is the switch that you need to meter. Start the vehicle and meter the switch to find out if it is a pos. or neg. then post the results. If I am around I'll comment some more.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
radkonn 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2005 at 11:50 PM / IP Logged  
Does the knock sensor have an led in the middle of it? I put the knock sensor on the windshield and noticed there was a small circular knock out it the middle of the adhesive. Is there an led behind that that will blink if someone trys to page you?
metaverse 
Copper - Posts: 210
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2005 at 1:01 AM / IP Logged  
First off, I hope you are tapping into the neutral sensor that is built into that frontier's transmission. This will show ground in neutral and voltage in any gear. The autopage RS-855 has a remote start control switch which needs to see ground to enable remote start. Connect the control switch wire, H10/3 black white wire to the neutral sensor wire..usually from the ECU. This will prevent your car remote starting in gear. I just did this on a 5spd maxima last week using the same alarm. Works great.
Like every 5-spd nissan, it should be a positive clutch bypass. You should have 2 switches..one for the cruise control, and the other is a clutch bypass. The cruise control cutoff is towards the top of the pedal and is activated when the pedal comes to rest with foot off clutch. The clutch interlock switch is the one at the bottom which is activated when you depress the clutch pedal. Take a multimeter and get to the bottom switch of the pedal. Meter the wires, one of them should show ground and the other should be null. Turn the key in the ignition to on, one wire should show 12v and the other should show null. The wire you are looking to bypass is the wire that is null..without the 12v.. Verify this first.. If you can verify this (double check), wire the clutch bypass as follows:
On the RS855 there is an ignition 3 wire that you can use for bypassing the clutch. This is an onboard relayed ignition 3 with a -200MA yellow wire going to the H10/11 wire. It will activate when remote start is on and cranking. Connect this yellow wire to pole 86 of a 12v/30A relay. Connect pole 85 and pole 30 to a fused 12v source. Connect pole 87 to the clutch bypass wire you figured out earlier above. When you activate remote start, and the truck is in neutral, the autopage will send the ignition 3 signal to activate clutch bypass, which will in turn allow a crank condition to start. As with everything, double-check everything I wrote and test it out..especially in a safe area. Good luck and post back with results
radkonn 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2005 at 10:07 PM / IP Logged  
I have three different areas where I need your expertise. I am installing this remote start alarm in a 2001 Nissan Frontier crew cab SE. I would greatly appreciate any help with any or all of my questions.
1. This vehicle is equiped with two starter wires, BLACK / YELLOW(starter1) and GREEN/ YELLOW(starter2). I already connected the a starter disable relay to break starter 1 wires, but I still haven't hooked up the starter 2 wire yet. I was just going to isolate the 2nd starter wire with a relay. Can you tell me if this is the correct way to do it? I would wire the starter output from the alarm (H1/1 violet) going to the BLACK / YELLOW(starter 1 vehicle harness) in parallel with the relay coil going to starter 2. Here is how I would hook up the relay.
Relay
86 jumpered off H1/1
85 Ground
30 Constant 12volt source
87 GREEN/ YELLOW (2nd starter wire)
Is this correct? I'm assuming the 2nd starter only needs power when the vehicle is trying to crank. This would also mean that the relay would close during keyed start, but there would be voltage going two starter2 wire anyways. So, why are these wires isolated if they both get voltage when the key is in the start position.
2. Is the H10/6(green) a current sensing wire? My vehicle has a dome light delay, so I was going to use the GREEN/ red(at smart entrance control) for the drivers door and the GREEN/ black(located at smart entrance control) for the other doors isolating them with diodes, which would connect to h10/6(green at alarm). Most of the tech sheets I have seen say to use the RED / black wire for the door trigger. Can I just use this wire and have the alarm learn the dome light delay (if it is current sensing)?
3. I would like to have the alarm unlock the driver's door with one press of the unlock button and all doors with the 2nd press just like the factory keyless entry sysem that is already in the vehicle. Can I accomplish this by following the 2 STEP DOOR UNLOCK WIRE CONNECTION FOR GROUND SWITCHED DOOR LOCKS in the install manua
metaverse 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2005 at 11:33 PM / IP Logged  
Connect the regular starter wire from the RS-855, Violet, to the first starter wire. Connect the 2nd ignition wire directly to the second starter wire.. It is already relayed inside the RS855's brain. It should come on with remote start. I just did this on a nissan 2 weeks ago using the same alarm...
H10/6 is a negative door trigger wire and looks for a ground signal..meaning your doors would show voltage upon close and ground upon open. Look at the RED / black wire first and see if it activates with all the doors on the truck open/close...use that. If not, follow the GREEN/ red and GREEN/ black at the smart control unit..diode isolate them.
Yes, you can connect priority locks using that diagram..it will work..I have done it. Just make sure you tell the autopage brain what the H10/14 pink wire is used for since it also doubles as a horn output.
radkonn 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2005 at 12:22 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the info metaverse. Will any harm be done to my vehicle by hooking up the 2nd ignition wire from the alarm to the 2nd start wire on my vehicle? This would mean that there would be a constant 12 volts applied to the 2nd starter when the vehicle is remote starting; it wouldn't drop out even after the vehicle started.
Thanks again.
metaverse 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2005 at 12:47 AM / IP Logged  
It will indeed be active when remote started and running, until you put a key in ignition..
I have done it this way for years with no adverse effects for vehicles that require a second starter wire. If you are concerned, connect it to a first ignition wire and relayed like you have written above, that should work as well.
metaverse 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2005 at 12:49 AM / IP Logged  
Here is another way of doing it: 2nd starter wire
radkonn 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2005 at 7:45 PM / IP Logged  
On the door locks, it says to wire up 87 with 12volt constant (n/o contact point). Therefore, when the alarm sends the ground signal to 86 (85 wired constant 12volts) it will pull in the relay allowing 12 volts to 30 (door unlock wire). I thought this wire was only suppose to get a negative signal.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic