the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

05 Durango, 10.2 flipdown

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Walkercustoms 
Copper - Posts: 219
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2005 at 1:21 PM / IP Logged  

I am going to be putting a 10.2 flipdown all in one unit in a 05 Durango and I would like to know if anybody has installed one yet in the durango and how hard is it going to be?  And would a 10 be to much?

Thanks

DanDan 
Copper - Posts: 125
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2005 at 6:26 PM / IP Logged  
I put a 10.2 in my wifes Durango a couple of months ago. Not hard. If you do not have a sunroof you will have to cut the console to form to the headliner. I put an Audiovox 1022 in. I made the console and wrapped it in the same color headliner material. She loves it. I wanted the Rosen 10 inch but the Audiovox was $400 cheaper and I only have my daughter at home and we rarely go on vacation. I sell both and it was I just did not see spending the extra money.
DanDan
Walkercustoms 
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2005 at 12:32 PM / IP Logged  

I seel the Blackmore model and I it is the all-in-one unit.  Is there a cross beam or anything like that in there?  I have not put one in a Durango yet and I thought I would ask you good folks before I made a mountain out of a mole hill you know. 

THanks

Wade

NowYaKnow 
Gold - Posts: 1,217
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2005 at 7:30 PM / IP Logged  
Does the vehicle have a sunroof or not?
If it does NOT have a sunroof, you can look at the rear and see where the headliner contours. Above that contour is a beam you can use. I would highly advise centering your tv over that beam. This would mean cutting the shroud to fit the contour. The headliner in these is EXTREMELY thin and FLIMSY. If you don't center it over the beam you will want to add support for the side of the tv which is farthest to the rear as there is no beam back there and the tv will flop around. The only nice thing is that it's close to impossible to crease the headliner in these. Run your wires down the passenger side of the vehicle and you can catch an antenna disconnect in the passenger kick area.
Offhand I can't remember doing one with a sunroof so I don't have any tips, but I would assume they have a beam to use.
Mike
Walkercustoms 
Posted: January 28, 2005 at 10:12 AM / IP Logged  

No sunroof.  Thank you for your help I will trim the base and fit it to the beam.

Thanks

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic