icon

Program switch not responding on 791xv

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jmw57 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2005 at 1:35 AM / IP Logged  

Not sure what happened, it was working before. I had just attached the tach wire and was going to program it to learn the tach signal. But it doesnt respond to anything. Everything else works fine though. Although i have yet to try the remote start.  Alarm, door locks, shock sensor, door trigger, you name it everything else is working like it should. Somebody please tell me how to fix it.

Thanks

jaurora 
Silver - Posts: 429
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2005 at 7:47 AM / IP Logged  
The only thing I can think of is that 1) it is not pushed in all the way or it is plugged into the wrong spot. It uses the same connector as the LED. Just double check. I know that it is color coded but it can easily be crossed.
MECP certified (If it really means anything)
Jeremy
kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 26, 2005 at 9:42 AM / IP Logged  
plus make sure you have the right tach source, because it wont light the LED if you dont......
Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
jmw57 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2005 at 3:05 PM / IP Logged  
well i cant access any menus with it or anything. I actually dont care as long as everything is up and running fine, but dont you have to learn the tach signal before you can remote start the vehicle?  I have double checked all the wires, the green needed to see the doors, the pink for ignition, and everything that is neede to use the program feature. The Led works fine , i think ill head to radio shack and grab another switch button just for the hell of it. If that doesnt work .....   I have no idea what i will do
vinman75 
Copper - Posts: 63
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2005 at 12:06 AM / IP Logged  
make sure your flat ribbon remote start cable is plugged all the way in at both ends. The alarm gets its ignition feed through there.
Javelin3o4 
Copper - Posts: 239
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2005 at 12:58 AM / IP Logged  

similar issue with my today, was trying to program a 350hv for double pulse and it wouldnt program, turns out my yellow ignition wire wasnt in all the way. After that i said screw it with the valet and got a bitwritter.

dare_ds69 
Silver - Posts: 419
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2005 at 7:13 AM / IP Logged  
some times the tach goes bad you can program tachless. of course if the brain let you go into the progran mode. try to use a bitwritter.
how own your mind, control your life.
MECP certified. always use a DMM
jmw57 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2005 at 3:19 PM / IP Logged  

Ya i think its dead, im just gonna have to buy a bitwriter, i still need to buy and program a companion remote for my wife. Every function on the alarm , including the remot star works just fine though.

Thanks for your input

jmw57 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2005 at 3:19 PM / IP Logged  

Ya i think its dead, im just gonna have to buy a bitwriter, i still need to buy and program a companion remote for my wife. Every function on the alarm , including the remote start works just fine though.

Thanks for your input

zzimerclan 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2005 at 12:07 PM / IP Logged  
jmw57!     I finally got mine to work! I just kept trying! I did not change anything just tried and tried??     go figure!  SZ
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic