the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Racing seat strength?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
oonikfraleyoo 
Gold - Posts: 1,069
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2005 at 7:52 PM / IP Logged  
That seems like it would be pretty strong. 15 or 20 layers over a metal frame would be a good idea still. You have almost got me wanting to make one just to see where I could go with it. Maybe a surround sound tv chair???
realitycheck 
Silver - Posts: 751
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2005 at 8:01 AM / IP Logged  
Hey man that would be awesome.  You could make one that looked like this,  http://www.sparco-usa.com/pseats_comp.asp?id=512  that would be crazy too have a chair in your house like that.  You do yours and I'll do mine and well both post pics of our finished product.
Learning the trade one fiberglass creation at a time!
oonikfraleyoo 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2005 at 1:42 PM / IP Logged  
I'm tring to get myself started on my new box but when I finish it I just might give it a try
bluetruck 
Copper - Posts: 115
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2005 at 1:49 PM / IP Logged  

im still against the idea, but please post pics if you do it.

realitycheck 
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2005 at 2:57 PM / IP Logged  

Well as of right now im definately going to be doing this, I will for sure post pics as the progress goes along, for you guys. I just want to wait till it warms up, im not a big fan of having numb fingers, I always end up rushing my work when its cold. Which I really hate, cause im such a perfectionist.

djdaveoc 
Copper - Posts: 231
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2005 at 11:24 PM / IP Logged  
Tuned by Matrix makes some decent seats if you decide not to make any.  I got mine on Ebay for about $300 each.  They seem to be high quality.  www.tunedbymatrix.com
Racing seat strength? - Page 2 -- posted image. Plan, Research, Do
realitycheck 
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2005 at 9:03 AM / IP Logged  
hehe, actually I got their black w/ red inserts seats in my civic right now.  Just an fyi for you man be careful about leaving them in the sun I park my car in the same spot everday here at work and that spot is turning brown very quickly.  So i'm actually about to get the seats recovered and add seat heaters to them.  I dont know about any of the other colors I just know my black ones are fading so im changing it.  Do you know any nice comfortable fabric I can recover them in????
oonikfraleyoo 
Posted: February 02, 2005 at 7:49 PM / IP Logged  
Neoprean!! Second only to leather
realitycheck 
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2005 at 7:27 AM / IP Logged  
How expensive is neoprene? 
oonikfraleyoo 
Posted: February 03, 2005 at 12:29 PM / IP Logged  
It costs less than leather but it aint too cheap. Also it can be hard to find just neoprene material. You can buy pre made seat covers from wet oakle (sp?) I think they run close to 400 for custom fit. It feels nice and short of a blow torch you can't hurt the stuff.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic