icon

new Alpine amps?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
customsuburb 
Gold - Posts: 1,813
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2005 at 7:09 PM / IP Logged  
Does anyone know why their new amps (the MRD-M1005 and the MRD-M605) are so inexpensive compared to the last models (MRD-M1001 and MRD-M501). The MRD-M1005 is almost half the price of last years model. Is Alpine going down hill like some other companys or have they just found some way to manufacture their amps cheaper?
wheelerdr 
Copper - Posts: 337
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2005 at 12:08 AM / IP Logged  
I have spoke with the alpine dealers here and they say that the amps are cheaper that there is no change in the company, same specs go into the amps but I have not purchased any of the latest alpine products since I bought lots of their alpine typ x subs and I didnot like the sound of the sub. takes lots of power and a punch 3 will put it to shame, my alpine dealing days are over.
wheelerdr 
Copper - Posts: 337
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2005 at 7:54 AM / IP Logged  
just to let you know the new subs suck really bad i had a  friend that told me he had the subs for about 2 weeks and they have blown already he has 4 alpine subs 2 old one and the 2 new ones same amp and same set up on each one the 2 new one have blown the old ones are rocking still but new ones are no good
Alpine Guy 
Platinum - Posts: 2,478
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2005 at 11:03 AM / IP Logged  
When i first saw the new amps i almost suddenly lost  half my respect for alpine.  Needless to say, im saving up for an Eclipse deck, Adire subs, and a boat load more of non alpine stuff except the speakers.
2003 Chevy Avalanche,Eclipse CD7000,Morel Elate 5,Adire Extremis,Alpine PDX-4.150, 15" TC-3000, 2 Alpine PDX-1.1000, 470Amp HO Alt.
04mdx4sq 
Copper - Posts: 111
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2005 at 11:40 AM / IP Logged  
Maybe it is a move to price them in a Best Buy friendly way. The look says that to me.
gumbi_12 
Copper - Posts: 53
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2005 at 11:52 AM / IP Logged  
Alpine are you going to change your name then?  I must say I dont think Im a real big fan of the new look.  How much is the Besy Buy on those (pre markup)
Alpine Guy 
Platinum - Posts: 2,478
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2005 at 7:55 PM / IP Logged  
Naw im not gona change my name, cuz im still going to have alpine speakers and most likely the new 4 channel amp thats replaceing the MRV-F540 with the F#1 status technologies.  Thats the only amp that got better.  I may even stick with the 2004 MRD amps, there the sexyest amps iv seen to date.
2003 Chevy Avalanche,Eclipse CD7000,Morel Elate 5,Adire Extremis,Alpine PDX-4.150, 15" TC-3000, 2 Alpine PDX-1.1000, 470Amp HO Alt.
alpineguy678 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2005 at 8:05 PM / IP Logged  

It seems to me that you all are very quick to judge Alpine's new amps.  You mustn't judge an amp by it's picture only.  Yes, they are coming in at a lower price - because just like with the Type-X Subs, Alpine is looking to put on hurting on the likes of JL and Rockford (which has happened with the Type-x by the way) and take some market share.  The new amps are awesome.  Great power, 1000 RMS and 600 RMS respectively, the look may be a little lacking, but the 1000 watt amp is about 1/3 the size of last years model, which allows for more applications.  I have heard the new amps and seen them in action, and I can say they are going to surprise you. 

Just out of curiousity wheelerdr, what subs are you refering to?  The new vs. old.

Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2005 at 10:04 PM / IP Logged  
Man, the Type X is a failure. Plain and simple. Its a decent driver but doesnt compare to the other subs it was supposed to target. The idea was for it to be a W7 killer, and it failed at that. The only reason why someone would choose the alpine is if they couldnt afford the JL, and this is comming from a guy that despises JL. But the W7 just cleans the floor with that type X. I havent played around with the higher end RF this year so I dont know how they stack up. The 9500 is still a strong alternative to the W7 and, again still wipes the floor with the type X. And lets not forget about the personal favorite of this forum, the Adire Brahma, which again eclipses the Type X for preformance. Oh ya and there is the eclipse drivers to choose from that can put a hurtin on that failed abortion called the Alpine type X. So there ya go, 4 better alternatives to the type X. And the sales figures I have seen dont reflect your comment about how it has put a hurting on the likes of JL and Rockford. RF's decrease in sales has been directly proportional to MTX's rise in sales, and dont kid yourself, that company is rising fast once again. And as for JL, the are living comfortably in their little niche of the market that they have always resided in. I think what you are seeing from this years alpine is a direct reflection of their deal with best buy and their vast increase in production that is nessasary to stock a chain store like best buy. Quality must be sacrificed for quanity, plain and simple.
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
alpineguy678 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2005 at 5:47 PM / IP Logged  

You obviously have not heard the TypeX.  I have a single TypeX, with a MRD-M501 (500 Watts) in a slot ported box in a VW GTI.  Right out of the box it hit 148, once I added my processor into the mix and made some adjustments on the amp, I hit 150.  But yeah, it sux.

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic