icon

Can't find the dome lights

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
chuntag95 
Member - Posts: 39
Member spacespace
Posted: October 28, 2002 at 8:03 AM / IP Logged  

I put in a CS-2015FM in my 2002 Chevy Silverado LT this weekend.  I did pretty good with everything but the dome light.  I could not find a signal that controlled them.  I had the same problem with the parking lights, but found the headlights and used them instead.  I don't like that and since I have to go back in I want to hook up to the parking lights, any ideas?  The remote start works great, even with it being hooked up to the wait to start light.  It's a diesel and takes forever to warm up.  The Crime Stopper GMATAII worked to get around the Passlock II system, but setting the pot was a pain and the directions were a bit vague.

Again, any help on the dome light and parking light signals would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Chris
infinkc 
Copper - Posts: 438
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 28, 2002 at 11:44 AM / IP Logged  
Parking Lights+ brown    lt. blue plug at BCM   Can't find the dome lights -- posted image.
Parking Lights- white    lt. blue plug at BCM  
 and it doest list a dome light supervision probaby why you cat find it, might have to make a circuit going to the door trigger
There are 10 types of people in the world, ones that understand binary and ones that dont.
Player69 
Silver - Posts: 504
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 28, 2002 at 11:45 AM / IP Logged  

The park lights can be found at the brown wire at the keyless module + when on.  The keyless module is below the steering column.  Look in the middle plug.

For the dome lights, it depends on what you want it to do.  The purple at the light switch will detect all doors and is not affected by the dome delay.  There are several reasons why you would connect the dome light on this truck.  One is simply to just turn on the dome light when the doors unlock.  Another is to provide a pulse after shutdown to turn off the radio (rap).  And yet another is to re-arm the factory alarm.  Also you could be trying to detect it for an alarm or manual transmission remote starter.  Please be a little more specific as there are a few different ways to do these things.

chuntag95 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 28, 2002 at 12:01 PM / IP Logged  

Player69,

Thanks for the reply and sorry about being vague.  I am trying to get the dome light to turn on when I unlock.  I do want to pulse the rap and re-arm the factory alarm as well.  I actually like the dome delay and want to get it working with the new alarm if possible.   If I hook up to the door triggers (there is one for the drivers door and one for the other 3 at the BCM) and pulse them with the alarm dome light output via relay, will that get me there or should I use the purple wire you are talking about?  I have an automatic, so I no need there.  Are you saying that you can use the dome circuit as the sensor for entry?  Doesn't where I hooked into the door triggers do the same thing or is there an additional advantage.

Thanks for the help.

Chris
mobiletoys2002 
Gold - Posts: 1,050
Gold spacespace
Posted: October 28, 2002 at 1:33 PM / IP Logged  

if you use the wire taht does not sense the delay on the domeligfht then the advantage is that you will not get an error chirp while arming if the domelight has not turned off yet, also the alarm will passively arm faster because the alarm will not have to wait till the domelight goes out. if you hook up your domelight supervision relay to just one wire you will have a much easier job instead of isolating multiple triggers off the bcm.

If the purple wire sees all doors it will trigger the alarm to sound when anydoor is opened and if your domelight wire (purple )has a relay connected to it from the domelifght supervision output of the alarm then your domelight will turn on when you disarm the alarm and shutoff when armed.

chuntag95 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 28, 2002 at 2:32 PM / IP Logged  

mobiletoys2002,

I have already hooked up the two door triggers to the door switch line on the alarm and diode isolated them.  I don't get the error chirp you are talking about, but the domelight supervision is not hooked to anything.  Are you saying I should hook up the domelight supervision to that same door trigger circuit as an input (via relay) to turn on the dome light?

Chris
mobiletoys2002 
Gold - Posts: 1,050
Gold spacespace
Posted: October 28, 2002 at 9:07 PM / IP Logged  
the domelight wire (purple if it sees all doors will set alarm off if any door is opened and a relay can be used on this wire for domelight supervision as well not sure about the door trigers but generaly you can use a door triger with relay for domelght supervision. 
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 28, 2002 at 9:14 PM / IP Logged  
Those triggers are low current; you shouldn't need any relay.  Put your unit's domelight supervision wire to one of the separate door triggers (the tan or the dark blue/white).
chuntag95 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2002 at 7:56 AM / IP Logged  

I checked it out and the alarm goes crazy if any door is opened.  Now, if I hook up the alarm domelight wire to the same door trigger circuit that the alarm is hooked to, will it turn on the dome light?  I would think that the alarm says to turn on the light and the alarm then thinks a door is open.  I'm confused here.  I thought all I needed was a wire that would turn on the interior lights.  I put a relay on it to activate the lights whenever the alarm wants them on.  Would the purple wire at the switch perform this function?

Thanks

Chris
chuntag95 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2002 at 7:23 PM / IP Logged  
Well I hooked up the parking lights and it just made the idiot bell go off.  I couldn't find a signal that would turn on the parking lights without the bell, so I went back to the headlights.  I hooked up the dome light to the blue and white wire at the light switch.  Now that works fine.  Any ideas on the parking lights without the "you left the lights on dummy" bell going off?
Chris
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic