icon

Jetta TDI Remote Start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
spdowell 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2005 at 9:59 PM / IP Logged  
Where can I find the tach signal on a 2003 VW Jetta TDI? I have the wire already ran to to engine compartment, now I just need the wire! Hope someone can help me, Thanks!
italnpimp59 
Silver - Posts: 427
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2005 at 10:07 PM / IP Logged  
go to the fuel injector and get the wire that is not RED / purple or brown.  this is off DEI tech sheet...but always use your meter to make sure its the right wire.
spdowell 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2005 at 12:21 AM / IP Logged  
Is that for a TDI? I've tried them and I don't believe I cand find it. I thought I had it, but when I tried to program it the LED never came on. Does anyone who has installed one on a TDI know exactly which wire to connect it to and where? Thanks for the help
jazzy95tsi 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2005 at 8:17 AM / IP Logged  
Try either pin#102 brown wire or #110 white wire @ the ECM under the wiper cowl. Hope that helps. 
Jeff Jetta TDI Remote Start -- posted image.
jazzy95tsi 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2005 at 8:21 AM / IP Logged  
I forgot to mention that those are in the 121 pin or the large ECM connector.
gus1 
Gold - Posts: 1,013
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2005 at 12:28 PM / IP Logged  
There's no electronic injectors on a TDI.... it's a Diesel... ALH motor has mechanical injectors.
A nice, clean easy tach source is at the front of the motor, to the left of the oil filter housing, below the vaccuum resevoir ball. There is a 3 pin connector containing a black, a brown, and a white wire. The white wire is the one you will want. If you really really want to go ECM diving, then tach is light GREEN/ orange in the left connector (as you face the ECM). Where is the ECM, you may ask?? Look through the slots in the black plastic piece under the wipers..... dead centre.... there it is.
Gus
Wherever I go, that is where I end up......
jazzy95tsi 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2005 at 1:51 PM / IP Logged  
Those are the same wires from the engine speed sensor, and BTW VW ECM's are cake.
gus1 
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2005 at 3:16 PM / IP Logged  
I didn;t say it was hard to get at.... just a PITA. Pull wipers, hope you don't crack the cover for the cabin air filter, don't press the cover back into the locking strip at the base of the windshield too hard (it may crack the windshield).... fun stuff. At front of motor is easy.... one less thing to take apart.
New PD TDI's tach is at the head.... yay for electronically controlled unit injectors.
Gus
PS: I have owned 3 TDI's.... great car, really easy to hop up, and still 50MPG!
spdowell 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2005 at 3:51 PM / IP Logged  
Gus- what did you do to mod it? Just injectors, etc.? I think I'm going to grab the one from the front of the engine; wouldn't want to crack the windshield. Whats a PD TDI by the way? I don't know what the PD is. Thanks for the help I'll hook it up and see if I can program the unit with it.
sean
gus1 
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2005 at 5:39 PM / IP Logged  
Head over to tdiclub.com..... lots and lots of good stuff over there for the TDI inclined. Mods, fixes, maintenence, etc. These cars are great maintenence wise as far as 99% of it is DIY, if you are so inclined.
A PD TDI is the latest version of the TDI... uses unit injectors instead of a rotary distribution pump and mechanical injectors. Quieter, easier to hop up, and comes stock with more power. 100Hp at the wheels, and almost 200ft-lbs of tourque.
Gus
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic