icon

asianwolf 8000rs deluxe

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
metwono 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2005 at 2:40 AM / IP Logged  
Hello all! I am in the market for a car alarm for my 1980 Camaro. Its not fuel injected so remote starting is not that much of a concern. Althought I would like to give remote starting a try. I also do not have power windows or door locks.
I have been doing some research, on this website, trying to find what everyone seems to think is the best. People have recommended allot of different manufactures. Range seems to be a major concern here! Its not to me. I primaraly want keyless entry.
I like the clifford line up. I almost bought their top of the line model(Avantguard 5), but it doesnt include the two way remote. This is a selling point to me.
I also like the compustar(2W900FM-AS). They seem like nice units to me.
And the last one I was considering was the autopage(RS-855LCD). This is what my local installer recommended to me. (Most likely because he sells it.)
But after all that searching, I came across the asianwolf... This brings me to my point. I really like this remote! ALLOT!
Is there other companys that have a full color LCD remote like this one? The ability to play mp3s is not a big concern to me. The camara seems like a neat idea, but again im not all that interested.
My major concern is with the install. I know I am capable of installing this, thats not it, but I have a few questions.
I want to shave my door handles and remove the locks. I want the alarm to be able to open the doors with the poppers via the remote. Is it possible to wire the poppers up in place of the door locks? My concern with this is the arming and disarming. Will it fire the poppers with the arming and the disarming? Can I tell the "brain" to only fire the poppers with the unlock feature? One door at a time? I dont want to disarm the alarm and have both doors open!
Or is this where I would use the axullary outputs? I think the asianwolf only has two axullary outputs, and I would like remote trunk release.
Can I use this alarm?
Sorry for the long post.
Thanks for all the indirect help guys!
Oh one more thing. I like the digital tilt sensor that clifford has on their website. Can I use this sensor with any alarm?
CBill 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2005 at 4:26 PM / IP Logged  

You would need an aux channel on a alarm system to pops door or roll down windows etc etc .. 

I looked at the alarm spec and it says it has 2 aux channel so I would say yes you can add a door popper to each of the 1 aux channel on the remote for each door. 

Basically any alarm system can operate a door popper as long it have aux channel for it to operate off of ..  I would not tied your door into a disarm ouput or use the disarm button to pop the door,  only the aux channels to operate the poppers..

Bill

Two_Cold 
Copper - Posts: 91
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2005 at 9:12 PM / IP Logged  
Can you post a link so we can take a look at the asianwolf?
metwono 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2005 at 11:20 PM / IP Logged  
http://asianwolf.com/5100rs/8000RS_Deluxe.html
and the skytek version.. i guess
http://www.scytek.net/Products/page/5100RS.htm
The asianwolf site has a link to a video of the unit.
Is it a problem trying to remote start a vehicle that isnt fuel injected?
The skytek site has a manual availiable.
http://www.scytek.net/pdf/Galaxy%205100RS-2W.pdf
The skytek manual says that it uses a "skytek network port" I havent been able to tell if the asianwolf version uses it. I assume that it does because visually they seem to be the same unit. This is also a selling point to me. It seems like it would be more user friendly with the network port. I guess it doesnt matter witch brand I purchas, but im leaning towards the skytek because it states info about that port.
Thanks for the help!
Two_Cold 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2005 at 7:01 AM / IP Logged  
I bought an alarm form Asianwolf. He is a good guy, but his stuff is not high quality. The alarm lasted 1.5 years, then started acting up. If you want quality buy a brand name unit.
If you want to install a unit on a non-fuel injected vehicle you will need a unit to pump the carb. I cannot remember the name of the part that does that, buy they do exist. The alarm will also have to be able to trigger that device. Some of the experts here should be able to solve this problem for you.
I was looking at the unit you mentioned and it looks good. I like the future ability to transmit pictures. But I suggest you take a look at the DEI line, the Crime Stopper or maybe another brand name. It will last longer and you will be happier in the long run.
metwono 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2005 at 1:36 PM / IP Logged  
If you dont mind me aksing, what went wrong with the alarm? Was it from daily use? I dont plan on using this alarm everyday, and maybe I could get it to last alittle bit longer. Who knows, by then maybe better and neater alarm systems will come out.
Since I have a high compression, single plane intake motor, the remote start will most likely not be possible for me. I probably wont even use it. It would have been kind of a neat option though!
Thanks for the responses!
Oh and I found this too:
http://www.ecarsecurity.com/Galaxy_5100RS_p/galaxy%205100rs.htm
Another version of this alarm? Rebranded Galaxy? Hmm...
metwono 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2005 at 1:40 PM / IP Logged  
If you dont mind me aksing, what went wrong with the alarm? Was it from daily use? I dont plan on using this alarm everyday, and maybe I could get it to last alittle bit longer. Who knows, by then maybe better and neater alarm systems will come out.
Since I have a high compression, single plane intake motor, the remote start will most likely not be possible for me. I probably wont even use it. It would have been kind of a neat option though!
Thanks for the responses!
Oh and I found this too:
http://www.ecarsecurity.com/Galaxy_5100RS_p/galaxy%205100rs.htm
Another version of this alarm? Rebranded Galaxy? Hmm...
Two_Cold 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2005 at 11:26 PM / IP Logged  
The range kept getting shorter until it would only work with me standing within 10 feet of the antenna. The remote's display was mostly burned out on both remotes. It became a one way remote after about 1 year, however the two way function was never that reliable from the beginning. A relay kept sticking in the unit. If I hit it, it unstuck and would work again for a few days.
It was in an everyday use vehicle. It was the FM-2009 alarm/starter. I guess I got what I paid for.
metwono 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2005 at 2:45 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the info. As far a the clifford line goes, which model do you guy think would be the best?
metaverse 
Copper - Posts: 210
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2005 at 7:15 PM / IP Logged  
The asianwolf alarm is a rebranded scytek. Save your money and go to the source itself (scytek)..or go with a name brand. Clifford RSX 3.5 is the top of the line until the new 1 mile version hits the street.. RSX 5.5 (I think) Look at autopage RS855. Asianwolf also sells that under commando/air lynx names. Nice alarm with a lot of features..
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic