icon

Did you guys see this thing

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2005 at 10:19 PM / IP Logged  
companies make these things all the time. Pheniox Gold has been making rediculous amps for years now, making them just to prove they can do it, and then setting the price so obscenly high that no one will buy them. While this sub seems more acheiveable than that pheniox amp that listed at 196,000 dollars it is still pretty rediculous. And the excursion is 2.5 inches one direction.
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
Maxst 
Silver - Posts: 866
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2005 at 10:20 PM / IP Logged  

Adires is better :P  lol.

I need quality equipment, feel free to donate.
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2005 at 10:26 PM / IP Logged  
The only beef I have with the adire parthagon is I have never seen it with a fully assembled usable cone. Mabye Stephan can help me out on this one. Like is there even a real driver made yet using this motor structure yet or is it still in early testing phases or what?
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
djdaveoc 
Copper - Posts: 231
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2005 at 10:28 PM / IP Logged  
Hopefully I'll be happy with my 4 Sony 12" subs that I just got for half price.  I got 2 400-watt amps and the subs for $300 plus tax.  It's below average gear I'm sure, but since I don't have a lot of money, I'm just hoping it will sound decent so it wasn't a waste of money.  I'll post pics when I get it all installed.
Did you guys see this thing - Page 2 -- posted image. Plan, Research, Do
sewolfe2002 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2005 at 11:32 PM / IP Logged  

this woofer may be the first of its kind to produce enough spl to actually shatter the car's windows.     Did anybody see the movie "singles" about the grundge lifestyle in seattle back in the early 90's?    There was this classic scene where Matt Dillon tries to impress his girlfriend with a new stereo for her car.    He brings her out, hits start on the radio's remote control, and all the windows blow out.    I laughed so hard.

steve

Steven Kephart 
Platinum - Posts: 1,737
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 09, 2005 at 2:33 AM / IP Logged  

Ravendarat wrote:
The only beef I have with the adire parthagon is I have never seen it with a fully assembled usable cone. Mabye Stephan can help me out on this one. Like is there even a real driver made yet using this motor structure yet or is it still in early testing phases or what?

You must have missed the thread showing the Parthenon working.  Here's the link to the video: http://www.woofervids.com/displayimage.php?album=7&pos=0  I didn't attatch the cone we have for it though.  But the cone functions perfectly.  This thing has so much linear excursion (7 inches peak to peak) that it doesn't need an enclosure.  It is the worlds first true dipole driver as it can produce 121 dB (reference levels) of output at 20 Hz running free air like that.  The year we showed the Parthenon, Resonant Engineering built one up using our motor and suspension with an air bearing on the edge of their cone.  It looked like a big fish tank, but it worked.  They also showed a 6" version that had some huge throw.  Those were their XMX drivers.  That is one way to do the surround to add an enclosure.  We are also experimenting with some other ideas as well.  We are a technology company and will always have solutions for the crazy problems we create. Did you guys see this thing - Page 2 -- posted image.

Steven Kephart

Adire Auido

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic