icon

Sequoia stock alarm during remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
thepencil 
Gold - Posts: 1,526
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2005 at 12:16 PM / IP Logged  
It serve no purpose to use it cause the doors of your car is open. It's unnessary work to hook up that wire that does nothing. Where you can lock and unlock the door to do the same without having to wire up that wire. I hope I am making sense to you. Hopefully, you can see it from my point of view as an installer.
Be careful whose advice you buy, but be patient with those who supply it.Sequoia stock alarm during remote start - Page 2 -- posted image.
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2005 at 7:48 PM / IP Logged  
Just hook up the blue status output to the key sense wire. No relay necessary. The key sense wire will probably be YELLOW /GREEN. If you are using the blue wire already to trigger the transponder key bypass you will need to split it with diodes or you will run into feedback problems.
Unlocking and then relocking the doors would work, but is totally pointless to do. I consider it the 'cheating' method used when you are too lazy to disarm the factory alarm the correct way.
f00dstamps 
Copper - Posts: 132
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2005 at 7:53 PM / IP Logged  
thanks jworm,
thanks for even including info about the diodes. i will make sure to diode isolate it.
please verify this: the anode will be the end closest to the blue status output and the cathode of each diode will be towards the bypass and the keysense wire?
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2005 at 8:23 PM / IP Logged  
I can never remember if anode or cathode is the striped side.
The striped side faces the relay pack. The non striped side faces the keysense and key bypass module.
f00dstamps 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2005 at 8:27 PM / IP Logged  
anode = non-striped
cathode = striped
thanks for correcting me. for some reason, i always get it backwards in my head.
f00dstamps 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2005 at 5:08 PM / IP Logged  
grounding the keysense wire did the trick. thanks for your guys' help.
f00dstamps 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2005 at 12:29 AM / IP Logged  
ok, new problem guys but i'm sure it's related.
the car's alarm tripped and after my friend disarmed it, it wouldn't start anymore.
if you try to either remote start or start it manually with the key, all you hear is a clicking sound. my friend said he's pretty sure it's the immobilizer because he lost the key to his camry before and when he used a key without the chip, it would make the same clicking sound.
it makes me think the problem is the immobilizer. however, i was under the impression that the car will still crank but will not start without the immobilizer. the car no longer cranks. it makes a clicking sound and will not start at all.
please help.
profuse007 
Gold - Posts: 2,015
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2005 at 12:56 AM / IP Logged  
if the immobilizer is not coded correctly, the car will crank but not turning over.
the clickin sounds like a low batt or starter is not good (but its weird to have it goes bad that quick).
Houston,TX
"The two most common elements in the universe are H+ and stupidity" (Ellison).
f00dstamps 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2005 at 1:12 AM / IP Logged  
profuse,
the immobilizer was working properly before with no problem. apparently, my friend told me over the phone that the car doesn't even crank.... it just clicks.
i was thinking the clicking sound was the low battery or the starter too but i wasn't sure. i might have to try hooking up the car's battery to my car for extra juice if needed to test it out. maybe something was draining the battery and causing it to be low.
i sure hope it's not the starter that's bad.
f00dstamps 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2005 at 6:35 PM / IP Logged  
ok, it was a low battery because when i jump-started it.. it worked just fine. i left it running for a while and i was able to remote start it several times and it worked perfectly.
the question i have is what could be draining the battery? it's a new car with only 3000 miles. is it possible it is a bad battery? why did it conveniently happen 2 weeks after i installed the alarm and 1 week after i hooked up the keysense wire? could it be a relay draining power?
when the car initially did not start, it was only 1 hour after it had be shut off. that shouldn't be long enough for the battery to drain enough that it couldn't start again.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic