Mitsubishi Aftermarket Alarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
slush 
Member - Posts: 38
Member spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2005 at 9:44 PM / IP Logged  

Hello,

I'm installing a remote start alarm system in my car.  It currently has a KARR alarm in it (along with the factory alarm).  I want to rip that piece of you-know-what out and put in my new alarm, but I want to make sure I know where all the wires for the new alarm are first. 

The car info database here says that my car's tach is located "AT COIL PACK."  I dont know where that is.  If anyone is familiar with this car, would you happen to know if that wire is accessible from inside the drivers side steering column?  I found a "WHITE/ BLUE" (database says "WHITE/ BLUE or WHITE" is my tach) wire (around 18 gauge) out of a huge black-taped wrap wire jungle that seemed to come from yet a smaller black taped wire jungle wrap that went into the firewall (it also seems to be going up to where the odometer/tachometer display is... but i am just guessing... its going in that general direction).  I looked on the outside of the firewall but saw nothing there, so i assume it didn't go THROUGH the firewall, but across to the passenger side where there is a large set of black-taped wires going through the firewall with a rubber plug around the sides (not actually sure if it goes here, but i could check if i ripped out the whole passenger side dash again... bleh).  Is there any easy way to test that wire with a DMM without having to splice it?  Would i test it as AC voltage?  My alarm has tachless mode, but i'd prefer to hook up the tach wire if its easily accessible.

I appreciate any help or feedback anyone can give me regarding this.  Thanks in advance!

-Derek

lookingforvtec 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2005 at 9:50 PM / IP Logged  
What is year make and model of your car????
Dreaming about thing that I want only to away to find things that I can't have... But that's life!! And I deal the best way that I know how..Down shifting and taking it to the red!!!!!
slush 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2005 at 10:01 PM / IP Logged  

ah sorry.. i had that in there but i erased it when i went to change something before posting.

1993 Mitsubishi Diamante ES

-Derek

zanthius 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2005 at 12:17 AM / IP Logged  
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but dont you just follow your spark plugs to the coil pack.  And if theres a distributor, folow the one wire not attached to the spark plugs back to the coil.
slush 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2005 at 4:11 AM / IP Logged  
Well I have a distributor i believe... doesn't that mean i dont have a coil pack? 
zanthius 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2005 at 11:38 AM / IP Logged  

there is a wiring harness that is plugged into your distributor.

disconnect it, rip off the tape and go through the wires...there should be a white wire with a blue line on it....thats the one.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic