icon

Brahma or RF?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
newtone 
Copper - Posts: 62
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2005 at 6:24 PM / IP Logged  
for nice every day low end without the xtra bat problem in my ole lady's s-10 blazer we use one 15 inch db drive platinum driver in a ported enclosure with a db drive platinum 300 amp which is 600 watt @ 1ohm class d mono block .  we metered it on the termlab sensor, outlaw style, and she did a 149.2 db@ 48 hz , not to bad.  sounds authoritive and she can pound it all day with no batt worries. depending what type vehicle you have just replace the factory batt with a good agm type optima, orbital or whatever brand you like.  also if your a little eccentric check out www.hoalternators.com and www.kinetikaudio.com, both of these manufacturers make special sized high energy batts/power cells for import and domestic applications.
soundmasta 
Silver - Posts: 246
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2005 at 8:00 AM / IP Logged  
rf? nooooooooooooo...........
nickvr 
Member - Posts: 42
Member spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2005 at 11:34 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for all the advise. I have made contact with DD international and found local suppliers. DD recommends that I checkout the 1008 series for my pickup double cab (very little mounting depth). They said it should outperform the Pioneer SW124D shallow 12" that I have installed now. The guys here said that they will arrange for me to listen to a car done with 1 x 12" and DD components. I want to also ask them to also listen to 1008 8" install for I guess you cannot really compare results (8" versus 12"). The car with the 1 x 12" has won IASCA format (not sure which class) for 5 year now and hasn't changed speakers since the installation was done. Will keep you posted!
Nick
Steven Kephart 
Platinum - Posts: 1,737
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 10, 2005 at 2:54 AM / IP Logged  

What are your design goals specifically?  Are you looking to get the best sound possible, while still getting pretty loud?  Are you willing to give up some sound quality for some more SPL?  Or are you looking for a sub good at getting loud over a small bandwidth (high SPL)? 

It's good that you will be able to audition that sub first.  I also recommend auditioning the other subs mentioned as well and choose which one you like best.

Steven Kephart

Adire Audio

Slickb 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2005 at 2:07 PM / IP Logged  
didyou consider the mtx 9500????
audiobass10 
Silver - Posts: 328
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2005 at 4:29 PM / IP Logged  

Out of the subs mentioned..I would definitely go with the Brahma. You DO NOT need 1kw and up to get the Brahma to full potential. It's thermal rating is 1600wrms, but in all actuality it reaches full excursion with as little as 600-700wrms. It's an efficient design and with that being said you should also look into the Ascendant Audio Atlas and Avalanche subs. Both feature XBl^2, however the Atlas needs very little power to perform..thermal rating is 300-350rms I believe. Efficiency is a great thing when one is not able to spend the money on a 1kw amplifier and a 200amp alternator.

Dave
Pioneer Premier DEH-P660
15" Kicker CVR
Profile AP1000M
It's Loud
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic