icon

Help Installing Window roll up module

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Charming007 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: February 16, 2005 at 1:44 PM / IP Logged  

I want to install a window control module to my 98 mustang GT. I got a window control module that has a 8 wires

1. for Left switch up

2. For left motor lead

3. For Right Motor switch up

4 For Right Motor lead

5 For Trigger

6. For Constant power (+)

7. For negative/ Ground (-)

8. For accesorry Item //   I do not know where this one goes to where should I connect this to?? Also does it matter if it goes to a possitive (+) or Negative (-) wire?? If anyone know let me know thanks

xtreme069 
Copper - Posts: 67
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2005 at 3:31 AM / IP Logged  
if this module is a 530t then wire 8 is supposed to be connected to an accessory output on your alarm which will allow the windows to roll down when the aux button is pressed if it is not then tell us the model of the window module and then we can go from there good luck!!
I Love This Industry!!
xtreme069 
Copper - Posts: 67
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2005 at 3:35 AM / IP Logged  
sorry i didn't read your meassage proparly wire 8 may be a shunt wire which gives out a negative pulse while the window rolls up so you can bypass a microwave or any other movement detector so the alarm doesn't activate when the windows are winding up
I Love This Industry!!
silent1 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2005 at 5:14 PM / IP Logged  
the window mod i just put in was run off the orange wire (grounded when armed), which rolled them up when armed and the acc wire on it was a pass through persay of that grounded wire. for starer kill...
Steve
dar1 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2005 at 9:57 PM / IP Logged  
First of all interface all the wires as you described. Interface each wire as notated. The best thing to do is obtain schematices for your vehicle wiring especially the door circuits. Then match up the module wires with the target wires in your vehicle curcuitry. Make sure to check and confirm for polarity with Multimeter.  
one love
Charming007 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2005 at 12:13 AM / IP Logged  
I actually Think that the number 8 ACC WIre on my question above is there to make sure that the power control module does not activate when the car is on. The Trigger wire is the one that sends the negative pulse so that the windows can roll up.  Can I delete this wire from my installation?  Let me know if anyone knows.. Thanks for the replies.
Charming007 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2005 at 12:17 AM / IP Logged  
I actually Think that the "number 8"  ACC WIre on my question above is there to make sure that the power window control module does not activate when the car is on. I want to hook it up to my power door locks to trigger the P.W.C.M. The Trigger wire is the one that sends the negative pulse so that the windows can roll up.  Can I delete  the acc wire from my installation?  Let me know if anyone knows.. Thanks for the replies.
jaurora 
Silver - Posts: 429
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2005 at 7:01 AM / IP Logged  
What is the make and model number of the module. This will be all the help we would need.
MECP certified (If it really means anything)
Jeremy
jmdomingos2 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2005 at 8:25 AM / IP Logged  

you don't need the 8 wire, connect all others wires and job done.

jorge

Charming007 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2005 at 3:09 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the Replies, I do not know name or model# of The power window control module. It came in a little black box with the wiring diagram on it which is not that detailed and it is also on the Power control module itself. With The 8 Wires mention above in my question. Also does anyone know what exacltly the ACC Wire Does? Does it stop power when the Car is On? So that P.W.C.M does not activate when the car is on or on  acc? I also read in this website that you can delete this wire.  Thanks
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic