icon

Sub Box w/ pics

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Forevrbumpn 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: March 17, 2005 at 11:59 PM / IP Logged  
Iam curious where to get "Sonotube" at. Ive been experimenting with T-Line sub enclosures, and its hard to find any tubing other than cardboard, which works when your resin it, and layer it.  If anyone has tried T-Line, get back at me. I have a formula I should be trying this weekend. Just want some feedback.
j_darling2007 
Copper - Posts: 210
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 21, 2005 at 12:21 PM / IP Logged  
I have cleaned up the wiring, just haven't taken new pictures.  Sonotube is cardboard tubing, and it is surprisingly  strong.
There are 3 kinds of people in the world, those who can count and those who can't
KDragon 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: March 21, 2005 at 1:22 PM / IP Logged  

Sweet tube! but i would get a better HU as have seen many of that kind break and they sound sh*tty.

If the amp is on fire you did somthing wrong!
83malibuRida 
Member - Posts: 46
Member spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2005 at 1:07 PM / IP Logged  
okay let me get this, its like a bazooka tube but not, is the bass punchy like most "tube" boxes and how do you calculate how long the port is? is it better for the port to run the entire length of the tube? is this a transmission-line enclosure?  please answer all questions if possible
Nick Scott
j_darling2007 
Copper - Posts: 210
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2005 at 1:08 PM / IP Logged  

It is very punchy. 

There is a port length calculator on this website that I used.

No, it is better to run the port as long as it needs to be, as long as the port doesn't get block by something (example-  if you have a 3" port, then the opening needs to be at least 3" away from anything that will block it.

I have no clue what a transmission-line enclosure is, so I don't know.

On a side note, I got a new head unit and cleaned up the wiring. The Sanyo took a dump, so I returned it and got the Pioneer Deh-4700mp.  It was only 170.00, and it is leaps and bounds better than the Sanyo.

There are 3 kinds of people in the world, those who can count and those who can't
Forevrbumpn 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2005 at 1:17 PM / IP Logged  
T-Line boxes are just a more dificult box to design, but I have experimented alot with about 7 box styles in the last month. And when you can get a 5.25" Vifa midrange to play the same bass extension as a 15" subwoofer, just a little quieter with almost no distortion, I feel its the best box design, best Ive ever done. The 8" box I had in another thread, I have showed, and let many people listen to it, and I put Kicker 10L5s, Jlw3s to shame with a simple paper cone, 4ohm 1.5" VC, 28oz mag woofer in that T-Line. You just have to understand a speakers  Tiel Small parameters to be able to build a T-Line enclosure, and since Iam in the speaker engineering field, its a pretty easy concept to grab, and to design a T-Line with only 2- parameters, that will kill speaker manufacturers box recomendations.
Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic