icon

Here Are Pinouts for GM OEM DVD Panasonic

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
wmanning 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2005 at 12:58 AM / IP Logged  

As the original poster of this thread I was looking for someone with a little expierience to answer the question of how to make this system work in an older vehicle. But it is now clear that this thread will become a series of unanswered questions. I lied my butt off to get the correct pinouts from GM for this unit and the question still remains HOW DO YOU MAKE THIS THING WORK??????????????...

I know some people have used some of the info I posted to add screens or get Audio out this unit but nobody can reply with the actual answer on how this thing works.

Yes i'm a little frustrated because as of this post 181 people have viewed this topic and all I see is more questions yet no ANSWERS.

Best of luck to all that are in the same situtaion as I am, A flip down DVD with Screen and no Idea how to make it work.....

Fyrcaptain 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2005 at 4:37 PM / IP Logged  
15143668 this is supposed to be the GM harness for the DVD player FWIW
Ween 
Platinum - Posts: 1,366
Platinum spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2005 at 5:00 PM / IP Logged  
i would suggest getting more info from your contact about the data bus connection...where it is connected, etc.  if you are trying to use the pieces in a vehicle similar to the one they are designed for, there should be a possibility of it working.  if you are trying to run as a stand alone system i.e. in a different vehicle entirely, you may be s.o.l.  see posts about the person trying to use a data bus euipped radio on its own
Ween 
Platinum - Posts: 1,366
Platinum spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2005 at 5:06 PM / IP Logged  
pipesoffire 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2005 at 11:47 PM / IP Logged  

Glad to find some posts on what I am also working on. I have a 04 Suburban with the Panasonic unit and I want to add a monitor. I see from the pin out info. that the video is pin 5, video - is pin 13 and shield pin 14. I understand the shield in the ground but which video + or - do I input into the new monitor that has RCA jacks?

I would also like to make a plug-in adapter instead of splicing onto the video wire. Just in case it has to back to GM again for a problem. Does anyone know where to get the plug and socket compatible for the 16 pin connector? and be specific please.

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic