icon

Audiovox APS-996A question

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
latuszek 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2005 at 11:48 PM / IP Logged  
My dealer installed the aps-996a without a siren and just the horn output to my 05 accord. I was setting some of the programmable settings (passive locking, passive arming, ign lock) and for some reason the horn does not honk when I press lock and unlock. Once in a while it does honk 3 times when I hit lock. Also the alarm triggers like normal and the it does indeed lock and unlock the doors fine. I know there is a silent mode on the remote, but it beeps when the horn honks once in a while and never vibrates, so it is not in that mode.
My dealer is stumped on what is going on with it. Thanks for any help!
latuszek 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2005 at 11:54 PM / IP Logged  
Also forgot to mention there is an icon of a siren on the lcd remote with an X through it.
TJ92Civic 
Copper - Posts: 161
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 18, 2005 at 12:10 AM / IP Logged  

There is a setting for no shirp on unlock and no chirp on lock.  I think thats what it sais.  You must have changed them.  I did that on my friends truck because he didn't like the horn beeping when he locked and unlocked the doors late at night.  Read over the programmable features, in the installation manual and the owners manual.  It's in one of them,

tim

latuszek 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 18, 2005 at 11:24 AM / IP Logged  
I don't see it in there, anywhere?
This is really annoying me :)
Thanks for the help so far.
latuszek 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 18, 2005 at 12:20 PM / IP Logged  
Yes he used the horn and it did have keyless lock and unlock.
The thing it is, it use to work fine untill i changed the settings to have it lock when i forget to lock it.
And the installer did NOT install a siren, he is useing the horn. I had this installed at the dealer!
TJ92Civic 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 18, 2005 at 12:41 PM / IP Logged  

I don't think there is any problem with the OEM.  What manual are you looking in?  The installers or the Owners?  It is in one of them.  You probably shut them off when you were setting other features.  Ill try to get the manual from my friend if I can.

tim

latuszek 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 18, 2005 at 10:12 PM / IP Logged  
http://www.audiovox.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10001&storeId=10001&productid=12870&langId=-1
there is the manual,
when u go there hit find a manual.
i don't see anywhere in there , what you are talking about,
thanks for the help so far.
TJ92Civic 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2005 at 12:25 AM / IP Logged  

ELIMINATING THE NORMAL ARM / DISARM CHIRPS

As explained earlier in the manual, you can eliminate the chirps selectively any

time you arm or disarm the system simply by holding the ARM or DISARM button

for two seconds. If you find the normal arming and disarming chirps annoying,

they can be turned off permanently, eliminating the need to hold the ARM / DISARM

button for 2 seconds. To do this,

1. Turn the ignition key on then off.

2. Within 10 seconds, press and release valet switch three times.

3. If the chirps were on before you started, then you will hear two chirps indicating

they have been turned off.

If the chirps were off before you started, then you will hear one chirp indicating

they have been turned on.

I found that, give that a shot.

Good luck!

tim

latuszek 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2005 at 6:21 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the info Tim. I still don't see that in this manual. They really need to rewrite and better organize this thing.
By the way does anyone know what the difference between the orange and oranage/white wires are on the aps-996a? They both say (-) control to starter inhibit relay. But from their descritions I am still unsure what the difference is.
TJ92Civic 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2005 at 7:09 PM / IP Logged  

It was hidden in the manual, I can't remember what page, but kinda tough to find.

The two different orange - ORANGE / white wires are both for starter kills.  However, one of them will make it so that the starter wont work if the alarm is unplugged.  I can't think of how to explain it.  When you disarm, it will activate the relay to connect the starter wires.  Instead of the orange, when you disarm it shuts off the relay, making the starter wires connect.  I don't really know how to explain it better, maybe some one else can help you out on that one.

Did you get the beeps to work?

tim

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic