< Prev Topic Next Topic >
aks_loudest 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2005 at 12:32 PM / IP Logged  
a lot of u asked what ny budget is well i've got money money is not a problem
oonikfraleyoo 
Gold - Posts: 1,069
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2005 at 12:37 PM / IP Logged  
Then Brahmas or W7s will give you wonderful SQ and hella SPL. I'm not sure which you could fit more of in your trunk. Probably Brahmas. But you should most definatly look into upgrading your power supply before you listen to any speaker suggestions that are made by me because they will require lots of power.
Nik
Jeeputer Progress
[|||||||||||-] 90%
Check it out.
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2005 at 12:41 PM / IP Logged  
Then drive up here and get the work done in the Great White North.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
oonikfraleyoo 
Gold - Posts: 1,069
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2005 at 12:51 PM / IP Logged  
Naw man what you wanna do is come on down south and we'll hook you up.
Nik
Jeeputer Progress
[|||||||||||-] 90%
Check it out.
Chad7n7 
Silver - Posts: 408
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2005 at 5:03 PM / IP Logged  

Where are you from aks?? Money is not an option?? I can think of about every stereo shop in the U.S. (and Canada, not to cut you out Rob!!) that would be willing to help you accomplish flexing your trunk.

And if you are out for SPL and not so much sound quality, check out the new Cerwin Vega Stroker Pro, they handle a continous 4000 watts................ouch!! But they are not the best SQ sub, though do sound alot better than the original Stroker, our shop has managed to get one at CES this year and have installed it in a Dodge magnum, pushed by a Zapco CK9.0, that will do you in for some damage!!

Chad7n7 
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2005 at 5:04 PM / IP Logged  

Where are you from aks?? Money is not an option?? I can think of about every stereo shop in the U.S. (and Canada, not to cut you out Rob!!) that would be willing to help you accomplish flexing your trunk.

And if you are out for SPL and not so much sound quality, check out the new Cerwin Vega Stroker Pro, they handle a continous 4000 watts................ouch!! But they are not the best SQ sub, though do sound alot better than the original Stroker, our shop has managed to get one at CES this year and have installed it in a Dodge magnum, pushed by a Zapco CK9.0, that will do you in for some damage!!

Chad7n7 
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2005 at 5:06 PM / IP Logged  
sorry for the double
Alpine Guy 
Platinum - Posts: 2,478
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2005 at 9:19 PM / IP Logged  

What year is that suzuki? I'll see how big of an alt we, or i can get you, then decide on amps, then speakers/subs/cd player.

2003 Chevy Avalanche,Eclipse CD7000,Morel Elate 5,Adire Extremis,Alpine PDX-4.150, 15" TC-3000, 2 Alpine PDX-1.1000, 470Amp HO Alt.
wayland1985 
Silver - Posts: 353
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2005 at 10:25 PM / IP Logged  
If money is not a problem... I have a few options for a perfect sound system for you:
1.  Sell the Suzuki and buy a new 2005 Ford mustang GT and a chambered exhaust system (no additional stereo needed....the nice rumble will do you good)
2.  For a little more,  sell the suzuki and get a 2005 Chevrolet Corvette.... with an SLP exhaust
In all seriousness now,  I'd check out the Brahma, if you can get your hands on one.....   But I say stay away from JL audio...  You're paying $400 for the product, and $300 for the W7 badge.....   Adire is a better deal
~wayland
kfr01 
Gold - Posts: 2,121
Posted: February 22, 2005 at 10:42 PM / IP Logged  
Eh. I don't like JL's components, their amps are overpriced, imo, but I still think they do a good job producing quality subwoofers. The W7 is a nice driver. I wouldn't write it off.
That said, I'd still go with the Brahma.
New Project: 2003 Pathfinder
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic