icon

2004 Ford Explorer

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
02~4.7dak 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2005 at 7:39 PM / IP Logged  
Im installing a rattler 529D into an 04 ford explorer. I've done tons of remote starters in the past but This Ford is killing me. IT will turn over but never start. I'm using the tach wire on coil pack connected to violet and white. Good ground. two red wires on fords yellow wire. pink to ford RED / lt.green. orange to ford dk. green w/ light green. I only got so far to test unit without bypass transponder. But the key is in the ignition. If the key is in the ON position the vehicle will start. Any help will be great.
chris354 
Silver - Posts: 253
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2005 at 8:13 PM / IP Logged  

You need to make sure you have all the ign and acc hooked up. Also on any ford with newer dei system always use uncommon fuel injector wire, if not you will get over rev shutdown. But if the system will not start with the key in ign not turned on then you have not got all wires hooked up. Check to make sure there are no other wires coming off ignition switch that test as acc or ign. I've ran into this where an 02 explorer had another wire that was not listed on tech sheet that needed to be powered.

02~4.7dak 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2005 at 8:41 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks I'll give a look see and its a 259d not 529d. and do u mean hook the tach wire up to fuel injector wire??? not sure. But thanks and I'll check it out and let everyone know if I ever solve the prob.
chris354 
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2005 at 9:04 PM / IP Logged  

Yes hook tach up to injector wire.

02~4.7dak 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2005 at 1:04 AM / IP Logged  
I hooked tach wire to uncommon injector wire and starts fine. and runs for 10 seconds. do i need to teach the tach? any help would be great
02~4.7dak 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2005 at 4:24 AM / IP Logged  
Now put key in and rs it works fine, I had to teach the tach. try to teach transponder and security light blinks. Now on to the real problem..the 556s transponder. I have the red wire to + 12... black to ground and RED / black to ??? directions say ((-) input) and (connect to active input on rs) how can u connect to inputs together and it do anything and thats exactly what I got...nothing! And I figured since I cant figure out how to wire it up that I will not be able to program it until I do. Please help
chris354 
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2005 at 9:01 AM / IP Logged  
The RED / black will go to the blue or blue/white status output on the 259d.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic