Posted: February 20, 2005 at 4:15 PM / IP Logged  
i need installation instructions for a ca535 code alarm
danfaye9@hotmail.com
thanks,, dan
fbird08 
Copper - Posts: 90
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2005 at 7:59 PM / IP Logged  
i dont have one unfortunately but i would suggest getting a differnt unit...........code alarm products generally do not work right and are extremelly not user friendly
Money is just paper
Power is fleeting
But your word is everything,
If your word means nothing,
You are nothing...think about it
ozarkmountains 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2005 at 8:26 PM / IP Logged  
THANKS. I HAVE INSTALLED LOTS OF BULLDOG AND OTHER BRANDS BUT I DON'T HAVE ANY PAPERWORK ON THIS UNIT.
IT'S GOING IN THE ROUND FILE.
THANKS,,, DAN
mkaudio17 
Member - Posts: 38
Member spacespace
Posted: February 21, 2005 at 12:05 AM / IP Logged  
look at audiovox colors, the dei color coded ones, they are pretty much the same as a 996c. I install code and hated them at first, but now i realize that it is all the installer. I went from dei, to audiovox and to code, downhill it seems, but code is very installer freindly. Built in trunk relay, dome light and parking lights, also built in anitgrind and starter kill, built in 2nd acc and 2nd ign, if you do 5 a day, and dont want to spend time wiring up 4 extra relays it can be good stuff. They do have quirks but what one doesnt?
Professionalism.
Bmnicolosi 
Copper - Posts: 173
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 21, 2005 at 10:49 AM / IP Logged  
i agree.  i went from dei to code also, being that i work at CC.  i hated them at first but after you learn the ins and outs of the pecular alarms, it is a little bit easier on the installer because so much is built in.
If you say "I already know how", don't ask me a single question.
Hornshockey 
Silver - Posts: 520
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2005 at 12:27 PM / IP Logged  

you could swing by your local CC, I know we keep a few extra copies of the CA425 brain installation manual on hand.  You can probably get the wire colors at least...also the operation manual for the 535 is available on Code Alarm's website www.codl.com

And code alarms arent that bad.  They certainly do make it easy on the installer, built in relays rule. 

Life moves pretty fast; if you don't stop and look around once in a while; you could miss it.
JoshV 
Copper - Posts: 50
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2005 at 12:41 AM / IP Logged  

No more Code for CC   :)     Its back to DEI

Hornshockey 
Silver - Posts: 520
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2005 at 1:04 AM / IP Logged  
True Josh; but we've still got DEI manuals on hand from years ago with the last go 'round with DEI; I know we'll hang on to the Code manuals just for the customers that come in with programming or operational issues.  I don't have much experience with DEI; I came into the CC world shortly before they went to Code; should be a fun learning experience.  Also can't wait for Kicker to start showing up.
Life moves pretty fast; if you don't stop and look around once in a while; you could miss it.
JoshV 
Copper - Posts: 50
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2005 at 1:37 PM / IP Logged  

Hornshockey wrote:
True Josh; but we've still got DEI manuals on hand from years ago with the last go 'round with DEI; I know we'll hang on to the Code manuals just for the customers that come in with programming or operational issues.  I don't have much experience with DEI; I came into the CC world shortly before they went to Code; should be a fun learning experience.  Also can't wait for Kicker to start showing up.

Yeah I have DEI manuals from like 5 years ago still.   Not to sure why but I guess you never know.   All I have to say is you will love DEI.     The code units have some nice built in features but they have there quirks.   And as far as Kicker goes,   I hope they start sending that stuff out soon!

circus boy 
Copper - Posts: 49
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2005 at 9:53 PM / IP Logged  
so when is cc getting back dei, what line are they going to carry? viper? to compete with bb or are they goingto go with the cheaper sidewinder,python?
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic