icon

Skip in Music

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
hoaxs 
Copper - Posts: 95
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 21, 2005 at 9:03 PM / IP Logged  

When i play my music a highier level it skips.  I have A JVC Kamelon HU.   A Four channel Amp runing A 8 Sub and all four Of my componets.  I know i ghetto rig but i have the sub bridge on the first two channels, and the the front componets and the third channel, and the rears on the fourth channel.  At first it worked fine but over a while it started doing this.  Is there any way to fix this or do i just have to run a second amp.

Hurry get me a steel hanger, elec tape, zip ties, a monkey and a snorgle. trust me i've ran wires with less
wayland1985 
Silver - Posts: 353
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 21, 2005 at 9:30 PM / IP Logged  
Is the skipping only for Cd's? Or the radio too?
~wayland
oonikfraleyoo 
Gold - Posts: 1,069
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 21, 2005 at 10:55 PM / IP Logged  
I had a Clarion in a 94 chevy 1500. The air conditionor vents were right over the CD player. After about a year, when I turned it up the CD would skip (4 JL W3s in the ext. cab). Anyway I pulled the HU one day after riding around for a while and found that condinsation had been building up on the HU. It was more or less ruined. Basically, I would say if it only does it on CDs then your HU is shot. If it does it with the radio...someone else will have to help you I have no idea.
Nik
Jeeputer Progress
[|||||||||||-] 90%
Check it out.
wayland1985 
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 21, 2005 at 11:12 PM / IP Logged  
I think differently. If it's only doing it on cd's then maybe your head unit doesn't have good skip-protection (the bass or even bumps in the road could be a problem source)
If it's CD and Radio, then your HU is probably shot
But after re-reading your post....it could be your amplifier.... Talk about "ghetto"...
~wayland
oonikfraleyoo 
Gold - Posts: 1,069
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 21, 2005 at 11:17 PM / IP Logged  
I doubt it would be skip protection. He said it has worked fine for awhile. Besides I thought the skip protection was worked out in like 1992.
Nik
Jeeputer Progress
[|||||||||||-] 90%
Check it out.
wayland1985 
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 21, 2005 at 11:19 PM / IP Logged  
"Besides I thought the skip protection was worked out in like 1992."
I know a few headunits that would beg to disagree... haha.
~wayland
hoaxs 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2005 at 2:32 PM / IP Logged  
Well it's not the skip protection though it still sucks.  I've only tried on cds so far im going to have to try with the radio but im sure it will. 
Hurry get me a steel hanger, elec tape, zip ties, a monkey and a snorgle. trust me i've ran wires with less
nickvr 
Member - Posts: 42
Member spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2005 at 4:02 PM / IP Logged  

I have something similar since installing a RF 9210 HU week or two ago i.e. when playing loud (well ok that would be 80% of the time...) and guess I've experienced it a lower volume too. To this point I cannot confirm if this is worst when playing MP3s than playing audio cds but think its same difference. I also had a CD stuck  and needed to disconnect main power, reconnect and then the eject function would work (two different CDs and few days apart. Story first told me was to replace factory wires with decent wires to battery. Second time the CD got stuck, the new wires were installed. When in this 'mode', on the FM receiver would work for it doesn't even play from the 'stuck' cd. Any ideas what can be causing this except for fault HU?? I last experienced this in the very early days of FL HU i.e. bump in the road and CD skips but that was ages ago......

Nick
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2005 at 4:25 PM / IP Logged  

If you can make a radio broadcast "skip" I'll pay for your new head unit.  Skip in Music -- posted image.

Your amp (or lack thereof) will not cause the CD to skip.  Bad CD player or scratched CD causes skips.  Sounds like yur El Kameleon is worn out or your CDs are badly scratched up.  Or what you are hearing is not a "skip."

Support the12volt.com
hoaxs 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2005 at 7:58 PM / IP Logged  
Your right DYohn it's not really a skip it's more like a pause or just a short secound of silence.  And it's not the cd's because i just bought a new one out of the store and it did it with that.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic