icon

4 12 w7

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
cruelneo 
Copper - Posts: 77
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2005 at 3:45 PM / IP Logged  
has anyone ever done this before i need to know how hard it would hit and is it over kill for a expadition i have comps right now and i know there is going to be a huge jump but like i said is it over kill thanks
jeffchilcott 
Platinum - Posts: 2,483
Platinum spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2005 at 3:51 PM / IP Logged  
what im wondering is how are you going to power all that?     charging system???   I think you have a whole lot to think about.     the $2000 in subs wont be close to the amps, and charging system your going to need.    then if you want to hear the music    internals?
2009 0-1000 Trunk WR 154.0DB 2009 1001+ Trunk WR
2007 USACI World Champion
2007 World Record
2006 USACI Finals 2nd Place
cruelneo 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2005 at 4:08 PM / IP Logged  
i have boston s80 and mbquart 216 2 sets of each and a 4inch set of mb quart in the back i have more then enough highs the charging systeam has already been installed a rebuilt alternator a 40 fared cap and an extra battery. the amp im going to use old school punch 500 mono block amp for each one.
blg748 
Copper - Posts: 194
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2005 at 5:36 PM / IP Logged  
god damn i wanan hear 4 12w7. 1 12w7 is enuff to make you go def but 4 thats some serious bass man good luck with your install.
oonikfraleyoo 
Gold - Posts: 1,069
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2005 at 7:20 PM / IP Logged  
Unless your planning on competing, then GOD YES it is overkill. If you are planning on competing there are probly much more cost effective ways to get the same if not more effect.
Nik
Jeeputer Progress
[|||||||||||-] 90%
Check it out.
chucksnee 
Copper - Posts: 127
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2005 at 11:33 PM / IP Logged  
oonikfraleyoo wrote:
Unless your planning on competing, then GOD YES it is overkill. If you are planning on competing there are probly much more cost effective ways to get the same if not more effect.
Agreed!! What are you going to do? Daily listner ='s WAY TO MUCH!
Competion?
Not sure what those amps put out RMS but... they may do??
cruelneo 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2005 at 9:28 AM / IP Logged  
i am going to comp i need to beat two 18 solo x the only thing there underpowered so i think it shouldnt be that bad
sk8ingsmurf 
Copper - Posts: 198
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2005 at 9:37 AM / IP Logged  
I guess maybe I really am the only person on here who has heard a 4-12 w7 system, Ive heard two of those and a 4-13 w7 setup.  They were absolutely ridiculous.  Ive heard louder things in my life at comps and such, but as far as a daily driver system these ones made me drool, the really low end on them was just sick.  Ive never heard the solo-x system you speak of but as far as a regular, sealed box setup this one is pretty tough to beat, and it looks awesome.  The only recommendation I have is to maybe switch to slightly more powerful amps, those are great and all, Im all about the fosgate power series amps, but these things can just take a beating with some SERIOUS power.  Good luck, Im always happy to see other expedition owners with good systems.
cruelneo 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2005 at 9:45 AM / IP Logged  
the reason i like this amp is it is small and fits i have four for the subs and two alpine 4 channels and 1 alpine 2 channel so i dont have to much space they all fit in the back of the truck where the factory sub and factory amp go and then one in the center consel thats the 2 channel
Andyq_8 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2005 at 5:36 PM / IP Logged  

hey ive heard 2 solo X 18s in a yukon once and it hit like 157.3 or somthing...no dampening nothing...stock alt and only regular battery...4 amps...cant remember what kind 1000w i think to each VC. incredibly loud to say the least...box filled the entire back up against 2nd seat to the back hatch...amps were built INTO the box.not sure what the W7's will do...crazy setups either way...

Andrew

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic