icon

03 impala key doesnt work?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
specter 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2005 at 9:35 AM / IP Logged  
i just finished installing a clifford matrix 3.2 (remote start/alarm), and all seemed well, it remote starts fine, but i can't start it with the key. when i turn the key to the start position, everything goes dead like it normally does, but the starter doesn't crank. i is acting like it thinks the car is in drive, but it's not.
Mobilesecurity 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2005 at 3:22 AM / IP Logged  
did you install the starter kill feature?
check twice connect once
specter 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2005 at 9:00 AM / IP Logged  
yes, the starter kill feature is built into the alarm. so the starter wire was cut and joined to two wires off the alarms man relay satilite.   odd part is, i tested it before putting it all up in hte dash and putting everything together. when all the wires were hanging and i had everything hooked up, i started the car with the key to learn the r-code for the dei 555l passlock bypass, and i was starting the car a few times while changing some of the programing.   it seems really odd that the car would remote start and not key start.
iskidoo 
Silver - Posts: 1,040
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2005 at 1:12 PM / IP Logged  
Did you solder your high current connections or use t-taps?
specter 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2005 at 8:40 PM / IP Logged  
soldered all the high current ones and any that i used resistors or diodes for. if one of the high currents came lose it wouldn't remote start???   could it have something to do with a setting on the alarm, i don't see how, but i dunno.
secureauto 
Copper - Posts: 196
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2005 at 11:30 PM / IP Logged  
Where did you hook up the blue/black on the 555L? is that wire showing (-) while starting the car with the key?
ASE Certified
iskidoo 
Silver - Posts: 1,040
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2005 at 11:40 PM / IP Logged  
Check for continuity between the starter input and output wires of the brain when the unit is disarmed. Did you get the 2 wires backwards by chance and hook the keyside and the motor side in reverse?
specter 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2005 at 7:33 AM / IP Logged  
blue/black of the 555l is hooked up to an output on the alrms unit designed for a bypass module.   i'll have to double check the continuity of the high current relay unit. i know it was fine before i started (i check it to make sure i could start the car if i had to go somewhere before i finished). as for getting the two wires mixed up, that wouldn't affect the key start, as the unit just passes the cuerrent through, but it would affect remote start (which is working fine).    is it possible the key switch isn't seeing park/nuetral, because it's acting exactly how it would if the car were in drive/reverse, etc... prior to the install. also if i hold the key long enoung the cruise control light comes on (not sure if i did that before install, never tried).
thanks for all the suggestions though, just waiting for that one that sounds about right, before i go pulling it all out again to check all of them.
TJ92Civic 
Copper - Posts: 161
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2005 at 7:57 AM / IP Logged  

My guess is that the starter wire came disconnected somehow, on the key side, there for it will still let you remote start it.  Good luck!

tim

specter 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2005 at 6:07 PM / IP Logged  
that's all i can think off too, but the bastardo was soldered. i'll be pulling it all apart this weekend, so if anyone else has some idea's lemme know. thanks.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic