icon

2001 Civic alarm/remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
radkonn 
Copper - Posts: 73
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2005 at 6:55 PM / IP Logged  
I just need a help on a few things to finish this install on a 2001 Honda Civic.
1. On the tech sheet I have, it says that hooking up a starter kill relay at the ignition harness can cause a check engine light to come on. Does this happen all the time? I already soldered the relay in. Do you think I should hook up the wires after the fuse block?
2. Is there a trunk trigger wire that is accessable under the dash?
3. Is it difficult to get to the parking light (+) at the fuse box under the dash? I pulled the box down, but I'm wondering if you guys prefer to use the (-) wire at the steering column.
4. There are two accessory wires at the ign harness BLACK/ Red and WHITE/ Red. I only hooked up the BLACK/ Red wire to the accessory wire from the alarm. Is the other wire for the radio, etc... Will I still have climate control just using the BLACK/ Red wire, or should I add a relay and hook up the second accessory?
Sorry for all the questions. If you know the answer(s) to any of my questions, I would greatly appreciate a reply.
Thanks
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2005 at 7:06 PM / IP Logged  
1. I've never seen it happen. Don't worry about it. I have only seen the warning on Accords, and the warning says to put the starter kill at the ignition harness and NOT after the fuse box.
2. Its a red wire at the factory alarm plug. The factory alarm plug is a green plug above the drivers kick panel, its not plugged into anything and is usually taped to another harness.
3. I always use the blue (-) wire at the factory alarm plug.
4. I always hook up both, but I have heard the WHITE/ red is not necessary. Your system doesn't have an additional output? Most systems have 1 ignition, 1 accessory and then usually another output that can be either.
Another note, I always get tach wire on these cars. Its a blue wire next to an orange wire at the fuse box. Its in a plug all the way to the left about 2 or 3 plugs down from the top.
radkonn 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2005 at 7:31 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the help. I was wondering where that factory alarm plug was located. I ran the tack wire all the way to the test harness at the battery. I didn't even know I could have tapped in at the fuse box. I'm installing a Autopage RS855. The instructions say to hook up a relay if you need to hook up two accessory wires. There is an ignition 2 wire, but it has power when the car is in the crank position.
radkonn 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2005 at 9:56 PM / IP Logged  
Does anyone know a definitive answer on what exactly the 2nd accessory wire powers on this car?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic