icon

alpine mrd m501

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
joemamafoo 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2005 at 7:46 PM / IP Logged  
I figured out that a lot of the problem was with the head unit I didn't have the EQ set right but it still doesn't sound near as good as it should (or as loud). I was just wondering if any of you guys had some settings that you have used or know of to maximize this setup's potential.
Oh btw the tuning should be included in the instalation but some places charge seperately for that, the one near here charges $50.00 an hour for tuning that's kinda why I'd rather do it on my own that and if I ever have to re-tune it I don't wanna pay to have it done twice ya know.
Most of the problems I had with the sound was that it sounded muddy and very distorted. I fixed a lot of this by turning off the media xpander, messing with the deck's eq and low pass filter. But I still don't think that this is the best that this setup can sound. I used to have a 12' xplod that I remember being louder and I hated that sub. I hate paying for these sorts of things especially since I'm currently saving up for a set of type x components so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
CDA 9830 HU
MRD-M501 AMP
Alpine Type R sub 12"
JL 650 csi components
mrv t 420 component amp
tnelson 
Member - Posts: 34
Member spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2005 at 8:10 PM / IP Logged  

" I'm currently saving up for a set of  type x components "  Good choice in comps.. you can get em off ebay for about 230 ..that's how much I paid for mine. I may upgrade to JL comps however just to be doing something and try something new but i'm well satisfied with the type x comps..I currently have type x subs as well and that's a different story . I guess you could call it an upgrade but i'm going to a set of w7s or a set of 9500s ( so far leaning towards the 9500s as they are 100 bucks cheaper on ebay than the w7.

If you get them type x comps gonna have to run some power..they don't like HU power :)  I'm currently driving 70watts to each comp and it sounds great.

jobby 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2005 at 11:51 PM / IP Logged  
hi there
i recently bought two Alpine type R 12" subs and to power them I got the alpine MRD-M501. Everything is all wired up, but the problem is that when i turn the music up to about 14-17 (usually i listen to drum n bass), after about 10 - 15 seconds, much to my annoyance the amp completely turns off. I am just wondering if anyone knows what is causing this - would it be that im trying to push too much power into the amp and it just cant handle it?
should i fine tune the amp so it doesnt ask for so much power? I have tried to dampen down the bass somewhat but it is still occuring.
i had a few issues with the grounding at first, but i have since grounded both my amps (i have another V-power amp running four type S splits) at the same point and this seems to have fixed the situation. Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!
joemamafoo 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: March 04, 2005 at 1:39 AM / IP Logged  
I think I have figured out one of the problems I'm having as far as power is concerned I pulled the sub out of the box today and realized that when the installer put it into my room mates car he had wired it up in series. I was wondering if it would be dangerous to wire it up parallel. I know that's a lot of power to be pushing to one speaker but the measly 275 watts that it's getting now doesn't seem to be doing a whole lot. What do you guys think?
CDA 9830 HU
MRD-M501 AMP
Alpine Type R sub 12"
JL 650 csi components
mrv t 420 component amp
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic