icon

Questions about DEI 555i

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
radkonn 
Copper - Posts: 73
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2005 at 6:38 PM / IP Logged  
I finished an install on a 2001 Honda Civic, but I have a few questions about the 555i immobilizer bypass. It starts fine with the remote start, but I noticed the light on the 555i stays on when I get into my car and put the key in the ignition. I drove about 10 miles like this. However, when I just start the car with the key, the light stays off because the remote status wire isn't sending a ground to the immobilizer (Blue). Did I hook something up wrong? Is the remote start status output suppose to keep sending a signal even after I put the key in the ignition and hit the brake pedal? Also, the key sense icon flashes when I start the car with the key, but it doesn't flash when I start it with the remote start and drive it. How can I fix this problem?
dare_ds69 
Silver - Posts: 419
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2005 at 6:53 PM / IP Logged  
you can use 556u but you will lose a key or try to energy the key sence in the ignition harness the problem maybe the car is seeing both keys.
how own your mind, control your life.
MECP certified. always use a DMM
profuse007 
Gold - Posts: 2,015
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2005 at 7:46 PM / IP Logged  
make sure the status ouput is a "(-) status output" when RS and not a constant (-). check your connection again w/ the status and the keysense wire.
Houston,TX
"The two most common elements in the universe are H+ and stupidity" (Ellison).
radkonn 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2005 at 8:02 PM / IP Logged  
I used the ignition 3 wire from the alarm. The install manual shows a diagram where you wrap wire around the key cylinder and key. I bought the 555i so that I wouldn't have to use a spare key. The ignition 3 wire shows ground 4 seconds before it remote starts and stays on grounded while running. I don't think it is seeing two keys because the red led on the 555i doesn't light up when I just start the car with the key. Maybe, I'm wrong.
radkonn 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2005 at 9:27 PM / IP Logged  
Same problem another thread
Here is a post where a guy had the same problem. He said he hooked up a relay that would bypass the 555i when the key is inserted. I'm guessing You would wire it like this.
87 data wire to key cylinder and yellow 555i key cylinder
87a 555i yellow/black ecm side
30 data wire to ecm
85 jump off of key sense wire
86 12 volt constant
The only thing is that you are suppose to have the key inserted to program the 555i. I already programmed it earlier. Will it need to be reprogrammed if I disconnect power to the 555i. Is this the best way to do it?
radkonn 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2005 at 9:47 PM / IP Logged  
I read the post again, and he said he just cut the data wire going to the 555i. I'm thinking he meant the RED / blue wire, which will make wiring a lot easier. Do you think it will solve the problem by bypassing the data wire instead of screwing with the ignition feed wires?
profuse007 
Gold - Posts: 2,015
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2005 at 9:55 PM / IP Logged  
the ignition feed wire form teh civic has to be cut in half. yellow on one side and the ylw/.blk on the other, check the manual.
just tap the data wire. click on my sig for the tutorial of 01-04 civic.
Houston,TX
"The two most common elements in the universe are H+ and stupidity" (Ellison).
radkonn 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2005 at 10:14 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the reply.
Yeah, I cut the ignition feed wire and wired it following the install manual, yellow/black ignition feed ecm side / YELLOW ignition feed key side. I just stripped the insulation back from the data wire and soldered the RED / blue wire to it. From his post, I'm thinking he broke the data wire as well. Doesn't the 555i not send a signal when it senses the key? I'm guessing that is why you have to tap into the key sense wire. Can you tell me what the different functions the data wire and the ignition feed wire play into the immobilizer? I searched google and a few people have had this problem, but I can't find the solution. I wouldn't cut the oem data wire, if I hook up a relay. I'd just break the RED / blue wire from the 555i.
30 RED / blue data wire 555i side
87a RED / blue (other half) data wire going to the ecm data wire.
86 12 volt constant
85 tapped into the key sense wire
Is it a good idea?
radkonn 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2005 at 5:47 PM / IP Logged  
Well, I tried breaking the data wire with no luck. I then wired in a relay that would bypass the 555i. I wired it different then stated a couple of posts above.
30 ign feed data wire from key cylinder (yellow)
87a ign feed data wire to 555idata wire to ecm (yellow)
87 555i yellow/black ecm side and ign ecm feed wire (ecm side)
85 jump off of key sense wire
86 12 volt constant
All the colors are correspond to the 555i colors.
Basically, the relay breaks the current going through the 555i when the key is inserted. Now, the opposite is happening. The key icon doesn't flash when I insert the key and start it, but when I remote start it and put the key in the ignition, the light starts to flash. I thinking about trying it by breaking the ecm side like I originally posted, but I don't know if it will do any good. Should I just add two relays and break both wire to the 555i when I insert the key?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic