icon

Is The Siren My Problem?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
justacar 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2005 at 2:56 PM / IP Logged  
alright, i tried to adjust the shock sensor and activating and diasrming the chirps, but when im pushing/holding the valet button i get no chirps. Like i said the alarm will go off if its triggered by opening a door......it just dosent chirps when i arm/disarm, and theres no sensitivity chirps to it.
justacar 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2005 at 4:10 PM / IP Logged  
o yeah.......and the arm/disarm chirps is activated.
swamprat323 
Gold - Posts: 1,335
Gold spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2005 at 6:20 PM / IP Logged  
May just want to take it back, and have who ever installed it take a look at it.
Hornshockey 
Silver - Posts: 520
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2005 at 8:03 PM / IP Logged  

I'd have to agree with swamprat; the instructions I gave you came straight from the installation manual for this alarm and they should work;  how long did you hold down the button?  I know they say 10 sec, but I've seen it take much longer to enter programming mode.

Life moves pretty fast; if you don't stop and look around once in a while; you could miss it.
justacar 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2005 at 8:40 PM / IP Logged  
yeah i took it to CC today to let trhem take a look at it and they did the same things but nothing. they told me togo back earlier tomorrow so they could pull down the brain. so i guess ill find out tomorrow. thanks again people!!!
Hornshockey 
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2005 at 10:19 PM / IP Logged  
well when they do figure it out; please post the results here; I deal with these all the time and I'd like to know what went on with yours. 
Life moves pretty fast; if you don't stop and look around once in a while; you could miss it.
justacar 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 05, 2005 at 4:49 PM / IP Logged  
alright just a update. i went to cc and they told me the brain was fried. so they gave me a new brain and pager remote for free because anything they install or the pager alarm i have had a lifetime guarantee, which felt good to know that i didnt have to dish outmoney for another alarm. also i saw that they had alot of other alarms that they were sending back as defectives. one more question, is there a certain amount of times i could hit the lock/unlock buttons to increase/decrease sensitivity? and how do i do the warn away mode? thanks in advance people!!!!!
Hornshockey 
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 05, 2005 at 11:04 PM / IP Logged  
The shock sensor has 64 levels for adjustment. Each time you hit the button is one level, up or down.  They're usually set pretty high from the factory.  When you enter the programming mode and get to the shock sensor prgramming, hit the opt button on your remote and the alarm will chirp once, this is when you set the warn-away, once you have it set, hit the opt button and it will chirp twice, this is your setting for the full trigger sensitivity.  Oh and when you're adjusting it and the alarm gives you a different chirp(a longer one) you are at the limit of sensitivity adjustment. 
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic