icon

Need help with RS on 05' F250

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Ren92 
Copper - Posts: 56
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2005 at 1:41 AM / IP Logged  
I am having a problem with a customer's truck.It is an 05' F250 diesel and I am using the DEI T56 and using their timer.The truck will start sometimes but most of the time it seems to get right to the point of starting then shut off.This is the first time we have done a remotestart on a diesel using the fact. keyless but we have never had this problem.Any ideals on what is going on?
dare_ds69 
Silver - Posts: 419
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2005 at 7:06 AM / IP Logged  
make sure to get the tach diesel no tach i did one and by mistake i get just tach, i read the notes and it said use tach diesel
how own your mind, control your life.
MECP certified. always use a DMM
thepencil 
Gold - Posts: 1,526
Gold spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2005 at 8:33 AM / IP Logged  
Glow Plug Wire:7.3L Diesel- WHITE/ LT GREEN (-) At 42 Pin Conn. Located On The Driver Rear Of Eng. Under Intake. 6.0L Diesel- VIOLET/ORANGE At PCM Located On Driver Fender Well In Engine Compartment.
FORD, F SERIES SUPER DUTY, 2005, Tachometer
On diesel vehicles the tach wire is lt. GREEN / WHITE in a 5 wire harness held up with white tape behind the parking brake release.
Tachometer NOT RED / lt green or RED / yellow AC
any ignition coil or fuel injector
Be careful whose advice you buy, but be patient with those who supply it.Need help with RS on 05' F250 -- posted image.
Ren92 
Copper - Posts: 56
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2005 at 7:56 PM / IP Logged  
I have the tach wire and I have never had to tap into the glow plug wire.I was under the impression that all diesel trucks from about 00'-up you don't have to us the glow plug wire.This thing acts like it is dropping power right as it is about to start..

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic