icon

Bypass clutch on VW Jetta 98

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Lubuspl 
Copper - Posts: 55
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 08, 2005 at 10:17 AM / IP Logged  

Yea and if you forget something from your car you have to open your door and do all that sh*t over again. I know what you are trying to say that it is the safe way, but if you bypass your clutch and use it responsible then it will work fine. Right now I am trying to figure out a way to make my relay in a way which I have to have my ebrake on or else the bypass will not work. If you have an idea on how to do this please let me know

I had bad experiences buying car alarms on ebay, they are broken a lot of times and you cannot get warrenty from the manufacture and the seller takes too long to respond and so on. From the place that I got my remote starter alarm, the only one he had for the manual is the Compustar which was like $280 (this is with the guy knowing me and giving me a good price). I paid for mine $140, so for me it was double the price.

It also depends on the person and how they drive, I always leave my car in neutral and put my ebrake on, I hate leaving it in gear. Its all about the driver. I cant return it now, I already started working on it.

If you have an idea how to bypass the clutch making sure that the ebrake is on, PLEASE LET ME KNOW, so that I and other people can sleep better at night.

iskidoo 
Silver - Posts: 1,040
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 08, 2005 at 11:49 PM / IP Logged  
Lubuspl wrote:

Yea and if you forget something from your car you have to open your door and do all that sh*t over again.

Ahh yes, they thought of that as well... Also from the same owner's manual I posted before, here's the answer to your question:
Note: Reservation Mode will reset if the doors of the vehicle are opened. To re-enter the vehicle without canceling the Reservation Mode (forgot something..) The vehicle must first be remote started. While the vehicle is running the door may be opened, when done in the vehicle, close the door and hold the button until the remote starter shuts off.
http://ultrastarters.com/manuals_download_pdf/English/MAN-1250MXX-OWNERS-US.pdf
Lubuspl wrote:
If you have an idea how to bypass the clutch making sure that the ebrake is on, PLEASE LET ME KNOW, so that I and other people can sleep better at night.
This unit would turn any remote start unit designed for automatics into a manual safe system with a reservation mode. http://peripheralelectronics.com/periph_products/cd_changer_autos/instructions/Peripheral%20-%20NSS.pdf
http://autosoundgear.com/tek9.asp?pg=products&specific=jpcsfmo0
At the very least you should connect your hood pin shutdown input to a hood pin and to the e-brake wire(diode isolated). This still doesn't insure that the vehicle won't start in gear and try to lurch forward but I guess it's a little safer than your original idea. The NSS would be the safest bet though.
Lubuspl 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 12, 2005 at 1:42 AM / IP Logged  
I was told by someone if I directly connect a wire to the starter by the engine, I will not need to bypass my clutch. Can anyone tell me what main wire get connected there?
Lubuspl 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2005 at 11:44 PM / IP Logged  
Ok I just finished mine auto starter, Just connect the starter wire directly to the starter itself. On my VW Jetta 98, the starter is on the right side of the motor and has a wire that comes out on the top right hand corner of the starter. Just check the wire before connecting, it will give off +12 V only in the crack possition, everything else will be 0 volts.
DONT FORGET, DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK< CAR CAN START IN GEAR THIS WAY (NOT SAFE). BE CAREFUL leave your car in neutrl with handbreak up. Now I am trying to figure out a way for me to connect my handbreak to the alarm so without it being pulled up, the remote starter will not work.
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 14, 2005 at 10:32 AM / IP Logged  

I CANNOT understand some FOOL wanting to save a dollar ......and not getting the correct remote starter for his manual trans,......there are so many different manufactures.

Run some kid over by accident and the 100 dollars you saved won't buy you an hour with a lousy lawer........

UNBELIEVABLE....Bypass clutch on VW Jetta 98 - Page 2 -- posted image.

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic