icon

Electrical Short, car wont start and more

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Silver rsx-s 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: March 04, 2005 at 9:44 PM / IP Logged  

kay, i was adjusting my HIDs, and they shut off for some weird reason, so i go and turn the lights off (inside the car), and then back on, nothing. i try to start the car thinking it may be the battery, but i notice my radar detector is acting like its shorting out, then i notice the car wont start and half the lights on the gauge cluster go out, so i let off the brake, and they come back on each time i push the brake they go off. so i disconnect everything extra i've added from the batter POS terminal, and stick the key in to ACCI, everything seems fine, i go to ACCII, and everything halfway turns off and seems to be shorting out. so i turn on my highbeams (only ones connected) and they are DIM as crap. i hit the brakes, and everything goes dim or goes off, same with door locks and windows :confused: :confused: :confused:

(also earlier i relocated my shock sensor on my compustar)
someone HELP, i have some kind of electrical short thats killing my car.
what i've added electronics wise from oldest to most recent
Police strobes (i know i know)
engine ground wires
Pioneer DVD/TV headunit
k-pro
compustar 2wss-as
HIDs
i've disconnected everything from the battery, unplugged everything from my alarm brain, and all accessory modules of it.
and now when i turn the key to ACCI the radio comes on, goes off, comes on goes off. when i turn the key to ACC-II the ecu clicks very rapidly.Electrical Short, car wont start and more -- posted image.
if i try to start the car everything goes dim or shuts off, but i hear nothing from the starter (as if its not even trying) and thus it wont startElectrical Short, car wont start and more -- posted image.

Silver rsx-s 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 04, 2005 at 9:45 PM / IP Logged  
k-pro is a ECU system sorry
oonikfraleyoo 
Gold - Posts: 1,069
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 05, 2005 at 12:41 AM / IP Logged  
Did you check the battery? Not tring to be a smart ass but I've seen exaclty what your talkin about from a dead battery.
Nik
Jeeputer Progress
[|||||||||||-] 90%
Check it out.
Silver rsx-s 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 05, 2005 at 9:11 AM / IP Logged  

yeah the battery is good. went out to try it again this morning. now in ACC 1 keyslot, the radio turns on, but only the stock bose woofer makes any noise. and in ACC 2 key position, i hear a rapid clicking from under the hood and the gauge lights blink at the same speed

some kind of bad relay maybe?

Silver rsx-s 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 05, 2005 at 9:30 AM / IP Logged  
okay went and tried again, its not doing what it was last night again, radio turns on and off constantly, in accessory1 position, and a clicking from sounds like the ECU and gauges flashing in accessory2 position
infinity_! 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: March 05, 2005 at 1:40 PM / IP Logged  
Try checking the connections to the battery. Is either one loose? I had a problem very similar to yours once, and that's what it was.
2000 GMC Jimmy
Pioneer DEH-P860MP
Infinity BD 100
Orion XTR 15
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: March 05, 2005 at 1:50 PM / IP Logged  
Take the abttery out and get it tested. I know you say its fine but what you are describing is a f**ked up battery.
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
Silver rsx-s 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 06, 2005 at 12:06 AM / IP Logged  
but if the battery is bad wouldnt the car of been good when i was jumping it off?
oonikfraleyoo 
Gold - Posts: 1,069
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 06, 2005 at 11:56 AM / IP Logged  
Only if the battery was drained. If its bad, then no. I just had this problem with a friends Honda a few weeks ago. She broke down at work. I tried jumping it off. Nothing. The car did exactly what you are describing, esp. the radar detetector going on and off with the brakes. Replaced the Battery, car was good as new.
Nik
Jeeputer Progress
[|||||||||||-] 90%
Check it out.
Silver rsx-s 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 06, 2005 at 9:23 PM / IP Logged  

gonna steal my GFs battery when she gets home from work and try it i guess. i'll let u guys know

and thanks a lot for the input

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic