icon

2005 Ford Mustang Door Trigger

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sattsecurity 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2005 at 7:15 PM / IP Logged  

I installed a black widow alarm on a ford mustang 2005 and used the dome supervision as a door trigger.  When armed the alarm keeps chirpping as if a door was open.  Sometimes the alarm would also go off.  I tried looking for the BLACK/ Blue wire which is the dome light but cant seem to find it anywhere.  I already checked in passenager kick where the SJB box is at and still nothing.  I have gone so far as to taking about the door panels to find the wire but the only wire from the door switch is Yellow/Red. 

thepencil 
Gold - Posts: 1,526
Gold spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2005 at 9:44 PM / IP Logged  
light GREEN/ black @SJB
YELLOW /GREEN @SJB
My wiring diagram show the following.
Be careful whose advice you buy, but be patient with those who supply it.2005 Ford Mustang Door Trigger -- posted image.
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 10, 2005 at 2:23 PM / IP Logged  

The SJB is located in the pasenger kick.

The pencils got it right on!!!

sattsecurity 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2005 at 2:05 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks Dude.
Teamrf 
Gold - Posts: 1,031
Gold spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2005 at 6:30 PM / IP Logged  
Its in the harness running up the firewall.
~The Rookie~
Rookie of the year that is...
Don't let the smoke out of your equiptment..it doesn't go back in.
sattsecurity 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2005 at 12:34 AM / IP Logged  
I used the light GREEN/ black.  I found YELLOW /GREEN but it didn't do anything.  There was actually two of those wires.  Light GREEN/ black is at ground when the doors are shut.  It drops the ground and goes to nothing when the doors are opened.  I used a relay to throw a positive when the doors are opened.  The problem I have now is that when the doors are closed, the relay is latched and charged.  How much Juice will this draw on the battery and how long can a car sit with the relay latched before the battery goes dead?  Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated.    
Sound Pressure 
Silver - Posts: 711
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2005 at 2:52 AM / IP Logged  
Just throwing something out there but is it possible to follow the door trigger wire and tap into it?
Sound Pressure
You know you have the right amount of pressure when your eyes start to water! Now you've got Juice!
sattsecurity 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2005 at 10:48 AM / IP Logged  
WiringInstructions.com and DEI's site directech.com both has it as black light blue(+) at SJB box.  I've tried it.  That wire is the dome supervision.  It's not reliable, the alarm keeps going off because it thinks the doors are open.  Light GREEN/ Black what 'thepencil' told me seemed to be the only wire that can be used, yet it poses the problem i posted above.  How much amps does a relay draw and how long will the battery last if the relay is charged (doors closed) all the time?  Ex: if the car is parked for a week without any activities. 
Rich06 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: May 15, 2005 at 8:59 AM / IP Logged  
Has anyone successfully got the door pins to trigger the alarm properly. If so how. Having trouble on the dome light surv. wire tripping the alarm after 1/2 hour. The door pins are grnded when door is closed...I also don't to leave relays energized for long periods.Thx
NowYaKnow 
Gold - Posts: 1,217
Gold spacespace
Posted: May 15, 2005 at 9:50 AM / IP Logged  
Use the light GREEN/ YELLOW (-) wire coming down the passenger a-pillar. If that falses, wire a relay in as follows:
Pin 85: To light GREEN/ YELLOW
Pin 86: To 12volts constant
Pin 30: To ground
Pin 87: To negative door trigger on module
You could also run pin 30 to 12volts constant and pin 87 to your positive door trigger on the module if you prefer it.
Mike
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic