icon

The best Cheap amp

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
iairj84 
Copper - Posts: 83
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2005 at 9:28 PM / IP Logged  
Hey guys, some of you might have read in my last post about my car being stolen. Well anyways im selling the car, but the guy that i know that's looking to buy it wants an amp in the car, and wants that included... He's paying me $300 more than any other offers, so I figure its worth it... it doesnt need to be nice, just something that makes him feel good.... Now what im wondering is I see all these cheaper amps on Ebay; Legacy, Boss, Blitz, etc... Well back to the question. I want one under $100 that will give me at least 600 watts max... With these cheaper brands I can get 1200, 2000 etc... Now i know these numbers are grossly exagerated but still thats insane. So whats the best cheap brand in that under $100 category.
Please remember, this isnt for me. I'm trying to maximize my losses on the amp part of it, hence why im buying one cheap not a quality one.
Poormanq45 
Silver - Posts: 597
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2005 at 9:35 PM / IP Logged  
LOL, this is a funny thread. Any of those will give you a MAXIMUM power of 1000k watts. Now note that none of those amps will indeed beable to put out 1k watts and live to play on.
Any way, a 1200w pyramid amp should be good for ~100w RMS. SO you could use that to power a really efficient sub. Be sure to keep the gain really low so you don't get alot of distortion and to prevent the amp from clipping
oonikfraleyoo 
Gold - Posts: 1,069
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2005 at 9:49 PM / IP Logged  
I think most of those amps are made in the same sweat shop. Any of them should work at least long enough to get the car out of your driveway. Then its his problem.
Nik
Jeeputer Progress
[|||||||||||-] 90%
Check it out.
iairj84 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2005 at 9:59 PM / IP Logged  
Well I used a 600 watt legacy for a couple years and it actually didnt sound bad at all.. I guess it depends on a lot of stuff
Poormanq45 
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2005 at 10:06 PM / IP Logged  
yeah, those amps arn't really as bad as people make that out to be. They just have a REALLY bad reputation for reliability.
iairj84 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2005 at 10:28 PM / IP Logged  
I think this thread really could help out a lot of people who maybe dont have the money for the higher quality stuff.. maybe people that have had good and bad experiences with certain brands can voice their opinions... Obviously with the nature of the forum there will be more "These amps suck" but there should be some decent stories too
Poormanq45 
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2005 at 10:51 PM / IP Logged  
Oh, I am all for saving money. Note that Duct tape is my best friend The best Cheap amp -- posted image.
iairj84 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2005 at 10:54 PM / IP Logged  
Ha ha duct tape can keep anything together
chrisAWD 
Copper - Posts: 61
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2005 at 11:04 PM / IP Logged  
well, in my experience.....bang for the buck award has to go to Bazooka......750w RMS @2ohm mono amps for roughly $150 retail.  come on......that'll pound for low $$$$
oonikfraleyoo 
Gold - Posts: 1,069
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 12, 2005 at 12:01 AM / IP Logged  
Ok, someone said good AND bad. So here is the bad. A few years ago I put a legacy in my moms car. It said it was 1 ohm stable so thats what I ran it at. It lasted roughly a week.
Nik
Jeeputer Progress
[|||||||||||-] 90%
Check it out.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic