icon

The best Cheap amp

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
speedwayaudio1 
Silver - Posts: 879
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 12, 2005 at 12:07 AM / IP Logged  
I have sold a lot of those brands, and I think Boss would be the best of those brands.
Big Dave
audiobass10 
Silver - Posts: 328
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 12, 2005 at 12:22 AM / IP Logged  

The idea is to spend more money on a quality build amp rather than buying 3 garbage amps. Any way you look at it..the build quality of Legacy,Pyle,Pyramid,Boss etc. sucks. Max wattage should never be considered when searching for an amp. You'll find that quality amps don't list max power ratings, but rather rms ratings which gives an idea of actual output..although still can be misleading.

Dave
Pioneer Premier DEH-P660
15" Kicker CVR
Profile AP1000M
It's Loud
iairj84 
Copper - Posts: 83
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 12, 2005 at 12:43 AM / IP Logged  
While I definately agree in the sense that the power numbers are exagerated and that its better to buy one good amp... Many people are just wanting to try stuff out... maybe they like bass, but dont have $600-700 to spend to get some good stuff, they can try it out for $50-75 and if they like it they can save up for something better and maybe get a little from the one they're using.
audiobass10 
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 12, 2005 at 8:48 AM / IP Logged  
Decent power can be had for cheap from reputable brands. One way is buying used, which some hesitate to do. Another is through refurbished items..my favorite way to get some good, cheap power. www.ikesound.com has some good refurbs right now.
Dave
Pioneer Premier DEH-P660
15" Kicker CVR
Profile AP1000M
It's Loud
customsuburb 
Gold - Posts: 1,813
Gold spacespace
Posted: March 12, 2005 at 9:44 AM / IP Logged  
This is a great deal on a mono JBL amp: http://www.cardomain.com/item/JBLBP3001Z 300 watts at 2 ohms and it's 1 ohm stable also. If you don't need that much power than this one is even smaller: http://www.cardomain.com/item/BLAPCA250  I just did a quick search and found those.
kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 12, 2005 at 1:53 PM / IP Logged  
any cheap amp will work as long as you dont expect it to hit anywhere near it's rated output and as long as you are willing to live with a certain amount of engine noise......
Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
pimpincavy 
Silver - Posts: 880
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 12, 2005 at 2:59 PM / IP Logged  
I would go with that JBL 300.1, it will blow away any other amp you can find for the same price. I have a JBL 600.1 and love it. Some other cheap amps that are decent are profile, Crunch and Sony Explods. None of those can come close to the JBL, but they are a step above the pyramid, boss etc.
After looking around ikesound.com I found this
http://www.ikesound.com/product-product_id/2160
I would recommend either that amp or the JBL.
audiobass10 
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 12, 2005 at 11:16 PM / IP Logged  

kgerry wrote:
any cheap amp will work as long as you dont expect it to hit anywhere near it's rated output and as long as you are willing to live with a certain amount of engine noise......

Hit it's rated power? huh? Also, engine noise wouldnt be caused by a certain amplifier alone.

Dave
Pioneer Premier DEH-P660
15" Kicker CVR
Profile AP1000M
It's Loud
Alpine Guy 
Platinum - Posts: 2,478
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 12, 2005 at 11:21 PM / IP Logged  
An Alpine MRV-M350 would do the trick, ,they go for around $125
2003 Chevy Avalanche,Eclipse CD7000,Morel Elate 5,Adire Extremis,Alpine PDX-4.150, 15" TC-3000, 2 Alpine PDX-1.1000, 470Amp HO Alt.
audiobass10 
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 12, 2005 at 11:34 PM / IP Logged  
audiobass10 wrote:

kgerry wrote:

Hit it's rated power? huh? Also, engine noise wouldnt be caused by a certain amplifier alone.

Nevermind. Misread your post at first. The part about engine noise is still incorrect however.

Dave
Pioneer Premier DEH-P660
15" Kicker CVR
Profile AP1000M
It's Loud
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic