Member spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2005 at 10:06 PM / IP Logged  
its a jvc, it has a touch screen if i remember correctly
Eye am so re todd did.
projectprotege 
Copper - Posts: 112
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2005 at 10:28 PM / IP Logged  
yup, its the JVC KD-LHX500 touchscreen mp3 player and so on, its pretty nice.
http://www.jvc.com/product.jsp?modelId=MODL027164&pathId=54
JoshV 
Copper - Posts: 50
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2005 at 10:32 PM / IP Logged  
NIce install,  hopefully you dont get any wave cancelation with that setup.         That head unit is really nice!   
projectprotege 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2005 at 10:35 PM / IP Logged  
you know, for how much bass there is, i have noticed it isnt hitting quite as it should. but i know i wont be getting much better in that car lol....maybe tomorrow ill try to get some action shots of the subs, that might look cool
projectprotege 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2005 at 12:37 AM / IP Logged  

ive actually just found it sounds MUCH better with the back seat up....so now i need to find a fan and figure out how im going to mount it....lol

kfr01 
Gold - Posts: 2,121
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2005 at 11:18 AM / IP Logged  
Yeah, having those subs spaced in two different rows like that I would expect some cancelation at different frequencies. I'd be curious to see an RTA plot of the bass response, just to see what kind of effect the design actually had.
New Project: 2003 Pathfinder
uthinkuknoaudio 
Silver - Posts: 760
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2005 at 4:12 PM / IP Logged  
Ahh... Nothing like the smell of fresh sawdust... That is when the bass hits.
"I don't play games. I play Nakamichi and that for real yo" - Probably some japanese kid said this in the early 80's trying to sell stereo out of his trunk lol.
projectprotege 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 17, 2005 at 1:46 AM / IP Logged  
what if i turn the rear box around and phase them? i seem to be getting alot of cancelation right now. other wise i was thinking of maybe, firing them all downward with ports coming up through the 6x9 holes. what do you guys think?
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 17, 2005 at 8:01 AM / IP Logged  
If you haven't already, make sure you go through the tests of switching polarity on one of the boxes like I originally suggested.  Having inverted drivers isn't the only reason to try phase correction;  it can be a situation like this where there is some space between drivers or in other instances like when drivers are firing in different directions.  That's why when drivers are separated in any way each set of drivers should be wired to their own terminal cup so that you can experiment with reversing phase.
projectprotege 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 17, 2005 at 9:31 PM / IP Logged  
spl tested it at a place around my house and it hit 153.7 DB and they said there didnt seem to be too much cancelation. :shrug: it did better then i thought but now im already trying to think of a way to get it better lol.that was with the amp in stereo mode, tonight ill try bridged.
oh and i tried to reverse the polarity and it produced almost no bass....
the guy who put the mic in my car said it was the loudest car by far hes heard since last spring. lol
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic