icon

Good Budget subs and amps?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
customsuburb 
Gold - Posts: 1,813
Gold spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2005 at 10:09 PM / IP Logged  

Ok my friend has a GMC Jimmy and wants a system for under $230 or so. He already has a dual sealed 10" box (.65 cf in each chamber) so it would be best if we could just re-use that box. Any suggestions for good but inexpensive subs? He likes to listen to alot of rap and rock so its probobly going to be more of an SPL system than SQ.

Thanks

kfr01 
Gold - Posts: 2,121
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2005 at 10:20 PM / IP Logged  

He wants 2 subs AND amp for under $230?  He better not be interested in SQ.  :-)

New Project: 2003 Pathfinder
Poormanq45 
Silver - Posts: 597
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2005 at 10:20 PM / IP Logged  
um, if you want to reuse the box, you have to find a sub(s) that is designed for the internal volume that you have.
Poormanq45 
Silver - Posts: 597
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2005 at 10:24 PM / IP Logged  
Nah KFR01, I could build him a descent SQ sub system for that price. It'd involve some high efficiency Cerwin Vegas and probably a Brutus ampGood Budget subs and amps? -- posted image.
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 16, 2005 at 10:32 PM / IP Logged  

Two CV HED 10" will fit in that size box.  http://www.cerwinvega.com/products/mobileaudio/hed/hed10.html

About 50-60 dollars each.  Put the best $120 amp on them that you can find.  The subs come either DVC or SVC so you can match up with either type of amp.  It'll be good and the guy will be happy.

DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2005 at 10:33 PM / IP Logged  

customsuburb wrote:
Ok my friend has a GMC Jimmy and wants a system for under $230 or so. He already has a dual sealed 10" box (.65 cf in each chamber) so it would be best if we could just re-use that box. Any suggestions for good but inexpensive subs? He likes to listen to alot of rap and rock so its probobly going to be more of an SPL system than SQ.

An entire system or just subs and amps?

Support the12volt.com
customsuburb 
Gold spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2005 at 10:33 PM / IP Logged  
I know the budget sucks...but I found 2 12" Kicker comp subs for $100 and an MTX amp that matches them for $109...but they arn't 10" inch subs and I don't think the 10" comps would last too long with him. lol  How much do RE subs go for?
Asmodeus 
Silver - Posts: 393
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2005 at 10:35 PM / IP Logged  

Memphis car audio M-Class subs perform very well in small enclosures...I cant think of exact prices at the moment but I believe that the 10" M-Class goes for around $90 Give or take a little.... They have sound Q qualities but will also get loud if thats what you want...

If thats too expensive drop down to the Power Reference Class and I believe that they go for around $75....

Both sets of subs are very efficient meaning that they dont need a lot of Wattage to achieve a good sound..

Hope this helps...

Good Luck

Good Budget subs and amps? -- posted image.
Making the World A Louder Place
customsuburb 
Gold spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2005 at 10:36 PM / IP Logged  
Dyohn he is wanting sub(s) and an amp. He does have some POS poweacoustik subs that would fit the box. If he was just trying to be loud do you think the Poweracoustik subs would be louder then something like kicker 10" comps?
customsuburb 
Gold spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2005 at 10:41 PM / IP Logged  
Asmodeus...are the Memphis power reference subs very good? The 12" one looks pretty nice but I've never listened to it before.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic