icon

Getting my System installed today.

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
vwgolf1128 
Copper - Posts: 120
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 20, 2005 at 11:12 AM / IP Logged  

Hey, im finally getting my amp, sub, and headunit installed today. Im getting it installed by Tweeter, if any of you are fimilar with them, and they are charging 275 for the whole thing. What am I expected to get with this installation? I am guessing that they will adjust everything so that it is ready when i pick it up and they will give me a summary with that. Should I ask for anything else to be done with this installation? Might be a stupid question, but just wondering if I am getting what i am paying for. Thanks

PS: Leaving at 130 ET so somone respond by then! Getting my System installed today. -- posted image.

stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 20, 2005 at 12:02 PM / IP Logged  
I can't understand why you're asking this now.  You already have a contract for the install....why try to second-guess before the job is done?  Just look it over when you go to pick it up and listen to it using your own CD's.  Ask them questions if you have any at the time.  Good luck.
customsuburb 
Gold - Posts: 1,813
Gold spacespace
Posted: March 20, 2005 at 1:04 PM / IP Logged  
Hope it goes well. Make sure they set your gain and everything since you are paying $275 for the install. Post pics when it's done. Getting my System installed today. -- posted image.
vwgolf1128 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 20, 2005 at 2:36 PM / IP Logged  
Yeh just dropped it off. Actually had to call back just to make sure they were using 4 awg from the amp to the battery. The installer seemed real knowledgeable with my stuff, and also with my vw since they can be complicated. I will post pics soon. Can i post pics by choosing pics from my computer, or do i have to put them on a free picture site and then transfer the url to here? Thanks
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 20, 2005 at 2:41 PM / IP Logged  
You can post pics here as long as the pixel width is 450 or less and the file size is under 30 Kb.  Use Getting my System installed today. -- posted image. image upload.  Make sure the pics have an extension .jpg (small letters).
supradude 
Silver - Posts: 915
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 20, 2005 at 6:04 PM / IP Logged  
I hope it looks and sounds great. That seems high to me, but then again I don't know what part of the US you live.
'85 Toy
vwgolf1128 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 20, 2005 at 7:57 PM / IP Logged  
WOW. Just got my system back. I love the headunit, Alpine CDA-9851, matches my dash real well. The tilt function really comes in handy. If you were wondering i have the Alpine MRD-M501 amp with the SBR-122CR sub(12"Type R Ported). This system is almost too loud! I guess I just have to get used to it. The lights do dim a good amount when its turnes up a bit. Sounds good inside, but noticed when I went outside the trunk and back area rattles. What would be the best way to solve that? How would I get to the base of the car where i actually apply the dampening material? Thanks
Alpine Guy 
Platinum - Posts: 2,478
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 20, 2005 at 8:54 PM / IP Logged  
Told ya that set up would pound haha.  To fix the rattle problem, fist locate exactly where its comming from, ,then try to find out how the panel comes off and behind the panel and on the metal of the car, apply a layer of sound dampening material.  it will add weight to the structure which will make it much harder for it to viberate and cause noise.
2003 Chevy Avalanche,Eclipse CD7000,Morel Elate 5,Adire Extremis,Alpine PDX-4.150, 15" TC-3000, 2 Alpine PDX-1.1000, 470Amp HO Alt.
customsuburb 
Gold - Posts: 1,813
Gold spacespace
Posted: March 20, 2005 at 9:09 PM / IP Logged  
vwgolf1128...Got any pics?? Getting my System installed today. -- posted image.
vwgolf1128 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 20, 2005 at 9:24 PM / IP Logged  

Alpine Guy wrote:
Told ya that set up would pound haha.  To fix the rattle problem, fist locate exactly where its comming from, ,then try to find out how the panel comes off and behind the panel and on the metal of the car, apply a layer of sound dampening material.  it will add weight to the structure which will make it much harder for it to viberate and cause noise.

First off a big thanks to Alpine Guy. Without him, none of this and I mean none of this would of happened. I really can not thank you enough Jason. Getting my System installed today. -- posted image. I knew nothing coming into the field, and i mean nothing. Alpine Guy responded to every pm i send him. There had to be about 50 of them, right?! Getting my System installed today. -- posted image. He taught me a ton on car audio and now i am a fan and a big time reader on this forum. I really wish he could come see the car! But anyway, im gonna first put some rubber inbetween the license plate and car and see if that makes any bit of a difference.

Customsuburb wrote:
vwgolf1128...Got any pics?? Getting my System installed today. -- posted image. 

Im going to take them tomorrow so expect to see them up by tomorrow night! Can someone tell me how to post them. First time poster with pics. Getting my System installed today. -- posted image.

Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic