the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2way + 2way or 2way + 3way?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 23, 2005 at 4:00 PM / IP Logged  
Again, the number of ways in a speaker do not necessarily make it sound better. Read again Dyohns post a couple post up.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
kfr01 
Gold - Posts: 2,121
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 23, 2005 at 4:17 PM / IP Logged  

shootist wrote:
this is not a dealer trying to get me to buy something lolz its my step brother who has had some pretty kickass systems back in the day.. i want to clarify what he said before. he says the 3ways give a more complete sound since it is low, mid, and high. 2ways are low and high.

3-ways don't necessarily give a more complete sound.  3-ways play the SAME frequencies as the 2-way, they just do it using more drivers.

If you need this simple:

Both 2 and 3 ways play the lows, mids, and highs. 

The only difference is that the 2-ways use 2 drivers and the 3-ways use 3. 

The high end of the frequencies produced by the woofer comes up and meets the low end of the frequencies produced by the tweeter at the crossover point in a 2-way system.  Repeat:  the frequencies meet.  How is this missing anything?  It isn't.  If it isn't missing anything than how in the world can the 3-way be "more complete?"  It isn't. 

New Project: 2003 Pathfinder
wrathchild281 
Copper - Posts: 241
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 23, 2005 at 7:12 PM / IP Logged  
the bass is gonna about the same. Personally i would much rather have 2 ways over 3 ways. I think a car with components in the front and 2 ways in the back sound much louder and clearer than 4 3 way speakers.
gladbach 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: March 23, 2005 at 7:48 PM / IP Logged  
actually, 3 ways speakers tend to have less bass than 2 ways, because the power output is being divided up by 3 "speakers" instead of 2...
and again, the 3way better than 2way thing is usually bs, because like was said above, they usually use lower quality components in the 3 way.   I would certainly never buy a 3way 6.5 speaker for example, but would consider a 3way 6x9 on a vendor by vendor basis. nothing cracks me up more when someone starts talking about the pioneer 3 or 4 way 6x9s for example.... utter crap, but they think they are getting some premium stuff because its a 4way... bah.
shootist 
Member - Posts: 34
Member spacespace
Posted: March 23, 2005 at 9:36 PM / IP Logged  
sweet thanks much for the advice people
'92 Mustang Gt Hatchback
kfr01 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 23, 2005 at 9:52 PM / IP Logged  
So, what are you going to do?
shootist 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 23, 2005 at 10:21 PM / IP Logged  
currently im thinking
BA FX3 3-1/2" in dash
BA SL65 6-1/2" in doors
BA NX87 6x8" in rear
Hifonics Zeus Z4400
anyone have experience with s?? good/bad comments?? why are they so cheap??
'92 Mustang Gt Hatchback
kfr01 
Posted: March 23, 2005 at 11:13 PM / IP Logged  

You usually get what you pay for in car audio.

If you care about bass or sound quality at all I would skip the 6x8"s and buy a subwoofer instead.

shootist 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2005 at 9:44 AM / IP Logged  
of course you will get what you pay for but what is the reason that they are so cheap??
lets take for example the boston acoustics NX67 6.5"
retail from the BA website is 150
from tweeter.com it is 150
from sonicelectrnix.com it is 110
another example: the boston acoustics NX87 5x7/6x8"
from BA website : 180
from tweeter.com : 180
from sonicelectrnix.com : 120
now when you are getting about 4 different items, an average of 50 less per item adds up to a great amount...
but what can be the difference between the two websites who sell BA products?
i understand what you mean when u say you pay for what you get... but that is for specific product lines. if it is the same product but cheaper from a different website, that comment cannot hold truth, or can it?? im just trying to figure out if s is up to something here; has anyone used them before?
'92 Mustang Gt Hatchback
oonikfraleyoo 
Gold - Posts: 1,069
Posted: March 24, 2005 at 9:48 AM / IP Logged  
One website may have lower marginal costs than another. A small one man website will almost always be able to beat a small business with 25-50 employees. That said I don't think s has a very good reputation.
Nik
Jeeputer Progress
[|||||||||||-] 90%
Check it out.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic