icon

DEI 528T pulse timer info

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
704acc 
Copper - Posts: 55
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 23, 2005 at 9:04 PM / IP Logged  

I purchased a DEI 528T pulse timer for my alarm.  I need it to wait a few seconds before providing power {via its built in relay or I could add a relay} to a second siren.  This will prevent the second siren from chirping on arm/disarm but have it sound when the alarm is tripped.  I am bench testing the unit before i install it.  The unit does the opposite of what I want it to do.  When the unit is triggered by a pulse from the "alram siren" the timer latches the relay for the set time then unlatches.  The wiring is as follows:  Red = 12 constant pos; Black = ground;  Black stripe = trigger wire;  Yellow = common 30;  Brown = normally open 87;  Orange = normally closed 87a

how do I get the unit to delay before latching?

Ray Kane
dare_ds69 
Silver - Posts: 419
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2005 at 6:51 AM / IP Logged  
you can't
how own your mind, control your life.
MECP certified. always use a DMM
704acc 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2005 at 7:06 AM / IP Logged  
Any ideas on how I can?
Ray Kane
dare_ds69 
Silver - Posts: 419
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2005 at 7:15 AM / IP Logged  

no sorry

how own your mind, control your life.
MECP certified. always use a DMM
soundmasta 
Silver - Posts: 246
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2005 at 7:23 AM / IP Logged  

use a pulse generator and the timer maybe...well, on second thought, maybe not. mabe if there is a module that will only work off of a constant signal as opposed to a pulse you could control your second siren like that.

another thing that might work is to put a small capicitor inline with the yellow (common) wire of the 528T and connect the siren to the orange wire (87a normally closed).  im onot sure you'd need the capicitor.

i did somthing similiar with this module and a snowmobile. there's a post about it here somwhere that explains how i wired it, but right now it's too early for me to remember. i'll try to find it and put it here for you to read.

soundmasta 
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2005 at 7:30 AM / IP Logged  

i recently did a snowobile like that for the state police. you're case will be easy, the snowmobile wasn't fuel injected, and nothing but the battery for elec. start was 12v.

here's what i did.

i used a crimestopper rs 900 7. i hooked up the ground, and 12v in. cut the ign wire, or in your case you could even use the fuel pump, and wire it to a relay like a starter kill, using the remote starters 1st ign. output as a trigger. this will kill the vehile, and hold the circuit open as long as the run time is set for.

it was also requested to me that, in addition to remote control shut down, they need the option of a timer so that it would turn off automatically after 15-20 seconds when started. i simply used a door lock pulse generator which pulls signal from a 12v source that turns on when the sled does (the headlamps), which triggers a pulse timer module set to hold the remot starts ign. signal open,(preventing it from shutting down the sled like it does in normal operation mode) and at the same time another relay is triggered that activates the remote starts neg. activation lead. if you can imagine all of this taking place, (and it is very carefully orchestrated), the the sled is started, remains running, even though the rs-900 is activated. when the timer module times out, it allows the remote start to break the snowmobiles ignition wire, causing the sled to die and not be started again untill the remote start times out.

kind of long winded, but effective. it has been put to use, and even made the new around here. there are plans to use the sled all over the state in sting operations.

soundmasta 
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2005 at 7:30 AM / IP Logged  

i recently did a snowobile like that for the state police. you're case will be easy, the snowmobile wasn't fuel injected, and nothing but the battery for elec. start was 12v.

here's what i did.

i used a crimestopper rs 900 7. i hooked up the ground, and 12v in. cut the ign wire, or in your case you could even use the fuel pump, and wire it to a relay like a starter kill, using the remote starters 1st ign. output as a trigger. this will kill the vehile, and hold the circuit open as long as the run time is set for.

it was also requested to me that, in addition to remote control shut down, they need the option of a timer so that it would turn off automatically after 15-20 seconds when started. i simply used a door lock pulse generator which pulls signal from a 12v source that turns on when the sled does (the headlamps), which triggers a pulse timer module set to hold the remot starts ign. signal open,(preventing it from shutting down the sled like it does in normal operation mode) and at the same time another relay is triggered that activates the remote starts neg. activation lead. if you can imagine all of this taking place, (and it is very carefully orchestrated), the the sled is started, remains running, even though the rs-900 is activated. when the timer module times out, it allows the remote start to break the snowmobiles ignition wire, causing the sled to die and not be started again untill the remote start times out.

kind of long winded, but effective. it has been put to use, and even made the news around here. there are plans to use the sled all over the state in sting operations.

Acuraxtasy 
Member - Posts: 45
Member spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2005 at 10:53 PM / IP Logged  
They do make sirens with selectable soft chrip confirmation and no chirp as long as the signal it recieves is pulsed.  when the constant signal is recieved it will go full activation.  You might want to swap it out.....
704acc 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2005 at 11:05 PM / IP Logged  

Acuraxtasy wrote:
They do make sirens with selectable soft chrip confirmation and no chirp as long as the signal it recieves is pulsed.  when the constant signal is recieved it will go full activation.  You might want to swap it out.....

The DEI siren which came with the alarm is set up just like you described.  What i am trying to do is delay power to relays which control a fire engine siren, air horn, factory horns, headlights, strobe lights, etc.  so they do not come on with the arm/disarm chirps of the DEI siren.

Ray Kane
Acuraxtasy 
Member - Posts: 45
Member spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2005 at 11:21 PM / IP Logged  
Hmmmm, maybe switching out the alarm to one that has a horn output will help?  Most of them have the feature that allows that trigger to stay quiet until the alarm goes off.  If not I would use a capacitor and resistor and build a delay timer..  DEI does make a timer im not sure what the model is but it will do what your looking for. I will check on it and get back w/you, unless someone else knows???

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic