i'm about to get this amp

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bmw9786 
Member - Posts: 37
Member spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2005 at 2:21 AM / IP Logged  
dwarren wrote:
Just looking at an amp like this might tell you that sound quality isn't an issue. They amount of power to the dollar amount you are about to spend sounds very suspicious.
I too was at point where you are, with little money and appetite for bass, but I quickly learned that all that flash does little for the bang.
I would take what is being said her very serious, spending money on flashy items like this and those subs, winds up being very ignorant.
  i am listening to every thing u guys are sayn, and im telln u guys what ive personialy herd from these boss amps, and these subs( i already own the subs) im just tryn 2 see if this amp will have enough power to make my 3 subs BANG
i came,i saw, i forgot everything
dwarren 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 1,811
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2005 at 2:25 AM / IP Logged  
No I don't have personal experience with that amp, but COMMON SENSE will tell you that it is not worth the money.
But hey you heard it and it sounds great, get it, but you asked us what we thought, we told you, you don't like we have to say
good luck
bmw9786 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2005 at 2:27 AM / IP Logged  
dwarren wrote:
No I don't have personal experience with that amp, but COMMON SENSE will tell you that it is not worth the money.
But hey you heard it and it sounds great, get it, but you asked us what we thought, we told you, you don't like we have to say
good luck
its not that i dont like what u have 2 say, im just telln u from my point of view, i appreciate it very much that u guys are helping me
kfr01 
Gold - Posts: 2,121
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2005 at 2:33 AM / IP Logged  
Here's some advice.
Go with 1 or 2 subs. 3 is a waste of money, in my opinion. The 3rd sub adds less than two decibels of SPL. This is small. Spend the extra money on a pair of better quality 15" woofers instead. Build a ported box rather than a small sealed box if you have room.
These would be excellent and a pair will be LOUDER AND SOUND BETTER than 3 of those Audiobahn drivers: http://www.cardomain.com/item/JBLGT150D
Then get that blaupunkt I posted above. Your system will sound MUCH MUCH better, play DEEPER, be just as loud as your friend's system, last longer, and be covered by warranty. Oh yeah, and cost less.
450 watts will also be much friendlier to your car's electrical system.
I feel the system I've recommended is superior in just about every way to the setup you've posted.
That's not the point though. The point is that you should stick around here and learn how to put together your own system rather than just buying the same *cough* your friend has.
New Project: 2003 Pathfinder
bmw9786 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2005 at 2:40 AM / IP Logged  
kfr01 wrote:
Here's some advice.
Go with 1 or 2 subs. 3 is a waste of money, in my opinion. The 3rd sub adds less than two decibels of SPL. This is small. Spend the extra money on a pair of better quality 15" woofers instead. Build a ported box rather than a small sealed box if you have room.
These would be excellent and a pair will be LOUDER AND SOUND BETTER than 3 of those Audiobahn drivers: http://www.cardomain.com/item/JBLGT150D
Then get that blaupunkt I posted above. Your system will sound MUCH MUCH better, play DEEPER, be just as loud as your friend's system, last longer, and be covered by warranty. Oh yeah, and cost less.
450 watts will also be much friendlier to your car's electrical system.
I feel the system I've recommended is superior in just about every way to the setup you've posted.
That's not the point though. The point is that you should stick around here and learn how to put together your own system rather than just buying the same *cough* your friend has.
  well i cant buy new subs I ALREADY OWN THEM, and i dont got the money for new ones, and this is the box im putn them in http://www.cardomain.com/item/OBCSSP12388 but i will let u know personially when i got everything togeter and let u no how it sounds, should be w/in a week or 2 but now i got to take a shower so i will continue this discussion later, THANKU 4 UR INPUT!!!!!
projectprotege 
Copper - Posts: 112
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2005 at 2:47 AM / IP Logged  
i was once on a budget too, but instead of getting ahead of myself i bought one thing at a time, until i had everything i needed. and now i have a pretty good system(at least im happy with it....just a thought
kfr01 
Gold - Posts: 2,121
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2005 at 2:58 AM / IP Logged  

As long as you're happy, right?  Stick around and learn more about how to create quality setups without copying your friends.   i'm about to get this amp - Page 2 -- posted image.

New Project: 2003 Pathfinder
bmw9786 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2005 at 3:25 AM / IP Logged  
kfr01 wrote:

As long as you're happy, right?  Stick around and learn more about how to create quality setups without copying your friends.   i'm about to get this amp - Page 2 -- posted image.

whats wrong w/having the same seup as some one when u think it sounds awesome? and bye the way we just have the same subs, different boxs and if i buy one of those boss amps im guna get the mono not the 2 channel(the one my friend has)
wheelerdr 
Copper - Posts: 337
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2005 at 4:18 AM / IP Logged  
Quick question, Have you heard a nice sounding setup and compared it to your friends? I would go to some local retailers and listen to some subs. I was on a budget I bought a rockford fosgate pl3 dual 2 ohm 12" sub (just 1 12" sub) with a kenwood excelon 811d pushing  1000 watts into the sub in a ported enclosure, and i know it sounds better than that setup. research, research.
skoldspuppy 
Silver - Posts: 342
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2005 at 2:20 PM / IP Logged  

Alright first off there is nothing wrong with your audiobahns, I use them and they make my wife happy which makes me happy  and thats all that counts in this discussion Your Happiness

Now as for as far as the Boss amp goes, I heard the exact same one you suggested on 2 JL15's and I personally did not like it
Take a look a a few other amps in that price range
1. Hifonics BX1500D "I use it and it pounds the hell out of the audiobahns I have in my wifes car"
2. Memphis 16-MC500D "its only 500 watts at 2ohm, but it pounds my RF subs in my SUV and is extremely clean"
3. MTX MXA8001 "My distributor demoed this for me on 2 TypeR 12's and my chest hurt all day"
All 3 above are in the 200 range if your buying them online
Again were just here to give you some options, but if you really like that boss amp buy it and enjoy it

Good Luck

--Skold

2004 Honda Civic Ex 4Dr
Kenwood DDX-7015/W Nav
4 Fosgate T152C
Hifonics Brutus BX1500D
RE XXX 12 in a 4 Cube Snail Shell
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic