icon

work in progress

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
SoundExplosion 
Copper - Posts: 48
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2005 at 2:47 PM / IP Logged  

Mica is the same  as kitchen counter top it is very easy to work with all you need is some glue and a sharp knife. you can get it in any style and color you want, i will try to post a pic of my truck

SoundExplosion

"You are only as good as your last install"
" T-taps should never be used"
nyguy4u 
Copper - Posts: 148
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2005 at 3:05 PM / IP Logged  

I agree with profuse007. It's ugly, and it takes up way too much space for what it is.

For a 2 amp set up, you don't need a box that big taking up your trunk. You could have used space more wisely and freed up half the room you currently have.

I just think it looks tacky, and a airbrush of batman will just add more tackyness.

I'm not flaming you either, but you asked for thoughts.. and i'm only being honest.

If you like it though, that's all that matters :)

97Avalonxls 
Copper - Posts: 115
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2005 at 4:09 PM / IP Logged  
ny guy, it's also got two subs in it if I read correctly. although it is still very large, like you say, so long as he likes it. I still think it is nice work, even if you don't like the design
nyguy4u 
Copper - Posts: 148
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2005 at 7:08 PM / IP Logged  

97Avalonxls wrote:
ny guy, it's also got two subs in it if I read correctly. although it is still very large, like you say, so long as he likes it. I still think it is nice work, even if you don't like the design

right, it has 2 12"s. 2 12"s if done correctly shouldn't take up that much space in a mini van. I just think it looks tacky. The visable seam facing the back doesn't help either lol

But like we both said, if he likes it.. that's all that matters. At least he put effort into doing it. Gotta give him props for tryin!. I just hope he doesn't have an airbrushed image of batman..that's just pointless, and will make it tacky IMO. That's just as bad as grown women wearing Micky Mouse and Winnie The Pooh sweatshirts  :)

doc t 
Copper - Posts: 169
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2005 at 7:18 PM / IP Logged  

no offence taken, every one is entitled to their opions and i did ask what you all thought. The box was done before i got into glassing and at the time it was the most efficient use of space. Its a sealed box, if i went with a ported box it would take up more space. the other option i had was to put a mirror on the underside of the lid but thought it would look better with the air brushing. how would you guys finish it.....short of tearing it out and starting over?

I call it a cofin just because of the lid. it looks more like a chest that you would put at the foot of a bed. its loud and hits hard not sure how many db's i'm getting.

All Bleeding stops.....eventually!
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic