thepencil 
Gold - Posts: 1,526
Gold spacespace
Posted: April 01, 2005 at 8:14 AM / IP Logged  
vseth wrote:

85 & 87 = 12V Constant ???

No link with Ignition # 1 ???

Correct!
Be careful whose advice you buy, but be patient with those who supply it.Toyota Corolla LE 1998 Auto Relay/Starter - Page 2 -- posted image.
vseth 
Copper - Posts: 60
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2005 at 9:34 AM / IP Logged  

The canadian weather did'nt cooperate this weekend, did'nt get to work on the car as I'd expected. But did hook in the tach wire, and tested which one ignition wire is the primary ignition wire, both wires showed the same results.

With the ignition key in:

LOCK or ACC position: no voltage on ignition #1 and ignition #2

ON position ( engine not running ): voltage between 14 to 15 V on both ignition #1 and ignition #2

ON position ( engine runngin ): voltage between 14 to 15 V on both ignition #1 and ignition #2

START position ( could'nt test ): key stays in this position only during cranking, then springs back to ON.

Any other way to isolate which ignition wire is #1 and #2 ? Could just test once everything is wired, but there could be several other parameters why a starter might not be working, plus I had already soldered the ignition wiring before I came on this forum. The "Haynes" book on the corolla 98 shows the BLACK / YELLOW as ignition #1 in it's ignition wiring diagrams, whereas most online sources show it as ignition #2.

vseth 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2005 at 11:31 AM / IP Logged  
Hi thepencil, I've also posted a new forum topic "Toyota Corolla LE 1998 Power Door Locks" on a problem with using my key to unlock all door-locks. Your input on that would be great.
vseth 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 06, 2005 at 1:49 PM / IP Logged  
So, anybody got input on isolating the two ignition wires ( which one is #1 and #2 ), considering the voltage test results that I posted above. Feedback is appreciated.
thepencil 
Gold - Posts: 1,526
Gold spacespace
Posted: April 06, 2005 at 6:20 PM / IP Logged  
Hey vseth,
How thing coming along? Don't worry about the ignition 1 or 2 they will both be power up. Go with the DEI infomation that I gave you. You have solder them so go with that. What's important here is that you have tested them and they are ignition wire. So that's good enough.   
Be careful whose advice you buy, but be patient with those who supply it.Toyota Corolla LE 1998 Auto Relay/Starter - Page 2 -- posted image.
vseth 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2005 at 1:17 PM / IP Logged  
Just waiting for my relays to be delivered. The only ones that seem to be available locally, are 30,85,86,87,87 relays ( i.e. no 87a ), so there's no default connectivity, and upon charging the coil, both the 87's get connected. Will follow-up on an update, hopefully soon.
vseth 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2005 at 1:27 PM / IP Logged  
In the direct-wire wiring information that you provided, it does not show where the turn light ( L & R ) wiring is located. I'm proceeding with the alarm installation, as I wait for the relays for starter and trunk release.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic