icon

Nakamichi - back in business

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 06, 2005 at 9:02 PM / IP Logged  
Who said my fly was down?  How did you know?
My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 06, 2005 at 9:48 PM / IP Logged  
Alpine Guy > LOL   But you're right, you know....I sold all my Nak stock the minute I read Rob's post.
kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Posted: April 07, 2005 at 10:46 AM / IP Logged  

so just to clarify for me (cause i'm dense)... what exactly is the quality of the new Nak stuff like?  is it garbage or a half decent product?  the stuff made by Grande.....

Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 07, 2005 at 11:36 AM / IP Logged  

I thought my bad Photoshop work on the supposed new head unit would have been the tip off...  Here's the truth.  This entire thread was an April Fools joke Rob and I cooked up.

Here's the unvarnished truth about Nakamichi:  Nakamichi has not released any new products since early 2004.  They are not selling anything new in Canada or anywhere else.  The only Nak car audio equipment currently available in the USA are pieces manuifactured in 2004 or earlier.  Nakamichi is no longer a Japanese company, they are owned by Chinese holding company Grande Group of Hong King.  Nakamichi is now simply a brand name which is part of and imported through Akai Product Holdings and ESI Holdings.  Nakamichi USA is bankrupt, gone, out of business, shut down.  Nakamichi no longer manufactures car audio products at all. 

Grande has not yet decided if they will re-enter the N. American market with any car audio products branded as "Nakamichi," but they have announced they intend to use Nakamichi as a brand name for a line of high-end video and home audio systems to compliment their already introduced Akai brand of home theatre gear.  The "new" Nakamichi brand home audio and video products are not yet on the market and in all probability they will bear no resemblance to any current Nakamichi products.

Grande also owns Sansui and is planning to reintroduce that brand as well.  The most likely scenario is all three brands, Akai, Sansui and Nakamichi, will simply re-emerge as the low-to-high end range of the same products, all made in China.

Sorry for the confusion, this thread was intended as just a bit of fun. Nakamichi - back in business - Page 4 -- posted image.

Support the12volt.com
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 07, 2005 at 11:48 AM / IP Logged  
Hehehehe. Nakamichi - back in business - Page 4 -- posted image.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 07, 2005 at 11:52 AM / IP Logged  
Ha! you tricksters!  There's probably an Ebay scammer right now who copied that pic and has 75 of these brand new headunits for sale...
kgerry 
Posted: April 07, 2005 at 11:54 AM / IP Logged  

so what about the new Nakamichi mobile dealer price list i was sent by Erickson Consumer (Canadian Distributor for various products) dated Apr 1, 2005 listing the CD-300, CD-400, CD-500, CD-700II as being available to Canadian dealers as of April 1,2005?  is that an April fools joke as well?

i'm just trying to get an idea if this "new" product is of a good quality or spinoff crap......or is it possible they have old stock and just a new dealer price list dated April 1, 2005?

Kevin Gerry
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 07, 2005 at 11:58 AM / IP Logged  
kgerry wrote:

so what about the new Nakamichi mobile dealer package i was sent by Erickson Consumer dated Apr 1, 2005 listing the CD-300, CD-400, CD-500, CD-700II as being available to Canadian dealers as of April 1,2005?  is that an April fools joke as well?

i'm just trying to get an idea if this new product is of a good quality or spinoff crap......

That should be legit.  Those are all the old 2004 part numbers and are the "last" of the Nakamichi manufacturing car audio products.  When the last lots are gone, they are gone forever.  I do not know who the current authorized distributer in Canada is but I will look into it if you want.

Support the12volt.com
kgerry 
Posted: April 07, 2005 at 12:15 PM / IP Logged  

i knew the tacky, gaudy looking palm tree display was a joke.. fading the model # out was a dead giveaway.... but it's weird that this post started 1 day before i got a new dealer price list dated April 1, 2005 from the known Canadian distributor for Nak....  see how easy it is to confuse an old dog??

even the propaganda pdf's i downloaded from www.Nakamichi.com  this week list these models, yet at the bottom of the page it says The Grande Building/Grande group..Hong Kong  which led me to believe that Grande was already making this product.... ( my head is now doing a Linda Blair-esque full 360... lol)

the juxt of what i get from this "thread" is that if i can still grab some of these models, i should.....

Kevin Gerry
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
marlinspike 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2005 at 4:39 PM / IP Logged  
So, I just bought a CD-400. If it starts to go south, as so much Nak stuff does according to the net, am I up crap creek? If it does, I won't be able to afford anything to replace it for a good while, but out of curiousity, who other than Nak makes decent looking head units (cd 400 in amber is my idea of decent looking)? Becker does but they don't bring them to the states any more. Anybody else?
Thanks,
Richard
Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic