icon

MB Quart Subs?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
projectprotege 
Copper - Posts: 112
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2005 at 1:32 AM / IP Logged  

does anyone know anything about these subs? how do they sound? what do they compare to? how do they perform SPL wise?how is the SQ?

another question but about a different sub.the kicker solo baric 15s....how do they sound? good for SPL?how is the SQ?what subs is comparable to these?

thanks nick

Sancho 
Copper - Posts: 162
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2005 at 1:38 AM / IP Logged  
tell you solo baric very good spl sub but poor sq
Head Unit:Alpine CDA 9835
6.5 MB Quart Pce 210
Amp:JBL 80.4
Amp:JBL 1200.1
Sub:Adire Brahma 12 MKII
projectprotege 
Copper - Posts: 112
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2005 at 1:40 AM / IP Logged  

http:///.com/dll?ViewItem&category=18804&item=5765092220&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

oops sorry i forgot to put a link to the mb quarts....

also on theyr website it says the sensativity is  2,0dB ....what does this mean? ive never seen it before

*edit* i heard also that the solo baric subs had problems with corners ripping...is this true?or are these subs bullet proof?

DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2005 at 11:10 AM / IP Logged  

MBQ subs are in a different class altogether than anything from Kicker.  Quart speakers are far far greater SQ speakers in general.  I recomend you go shopping and listen to them both so you can deside which ones you like the most.

Support the12volt.com
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2005 at 3:41 PM / IP Logged  
I have never seen a solobaric rip. I dont sell them anymore but I did for about 2 years and I can probally count the number of L7's that I had come back on one hand. Definatly a SPL sub though, dont really wanna use them for sq. They are a completely different animal from the MB quart so you need to decide what you are going for.
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
04mdx4sq 
Copper - Posts: 111
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2005 at 4:25 PM / IP Logged  

We have had one of the 15" Quarts in. It was an early model, some of which had a bad adhesive and would come apart . When it was playing, it was impressive as far as sq from a 15". We have sold quite a few of the 12" versions. The only comparison I can draw was to the JL Audio 12w6v2. Output was close but the Quart had a tighter sound.

04 MDX - Clarion DRZ9255 / MB Quart QAA4250 / MB Quart QSD216 / Orion Concept 97.2 / JL Audio 10w6v2
91 GMC Syclone - Delco tape deck
90 Syclone powered 2wd S10 (for sale) - Pyle CD / Fosgate 4x6

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic