icon

it bumps on the inside

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Stripes26051 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: April 05, 2005 at 6:50 PM / IP Logged  
ive got the 4 subs running in his camry now and it is deinatly bumping but im wondering how increase the bass on on the outside of the car u cant hear it coming at all im thinking a dynamat job will take care of it but i dont kno also is anyone interseted in selling any four channel amps
89 honda crx 1 15" Power HX2 jblbp1200.1 rockford coaxials 4 channel comin soon
pimpincavy 
Silver - Posts: 880
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 05, 2005 at 6:55 PM / IP Logged  
The sound deadning will get rid of any rattling, and it will probably sound louder and better inside the car, but it will be quieter outside the car. What kind of subs/amps are you running? Four good subs should be heard coming!! Other than upgrading your equipment the only thing you can do is drive with all your windows down.
ss-installer 
Silver - Posts: 444
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 05, 2005 at 7:12 PM / IP Logged  
buy some more subs and amps
Asmodeus 
Silver - Posts: 393
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 06, 2005 at 12:45 AM / IP Logged  

I have never understood this aspect of car stereo...

Here is my thought....I paid for the equipment I installed it...Why would I want to share it with everyone else...They didnt pitch in on the cost...Screw them let them get their own damn stereo...This one Is MINE....

I want all the sound to stay in the cab...In my Rodeo I can pull up beside a cop just bumpin away inside...As long as my windows are rolled up he wont hear squat...And thats what I want....

I have even had people ask me to loosen the bolts holding their trunk on so that it will RATTLE MORE!!!!

I guess everyone has their own thing...

it bumps on the inside -- posted image.
Making the World A Louder Place
placid warrior 
Silver - Posts: 357
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 06, 2005 at 1:01 AM / IP Logged  
if u got 4 subs and u cant hear it comin then something is wrong. ive got 2 10" subs powerd by a 350 watt MTX amp and u can hear it a block away (although it still needs work..i'm gonna try getting it closer to the proper specs for tighter bass....) honestly i dont like the fact that the sound carries as far as it does...it just means that i have to turn it down more than i want to at night or around hospitals.  plus having loud bass that everyone can hear lets theives know that there is something worth stealing in that car.
Craiger22 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: April 06, 2005 at 11:17 AM / IP Logged  
I drive a jeep wrangler with 2 kicker L5's and an 800.2 kicker amp. I have always been more concerned keeping the sound in the vehicle.
audiobass10 
Silver - Posts: 328
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 06, 2005 at 4:12 PM / IP Logged  

What subs are you running? Many people like being heard, especially SPL guys. Also, there are some street installs puttin up some mean numbers in drive by that wouldnt be considered crappy SQ systems. As for the wrangler, that's not the best vehicle/sub matchup if you don't want to be heard outside of the car.

Dave
Pioneer Premier DEH-P660
15" Kicker CVR
Profile AP1000M
It's Loud
Optik 
Copper - Posts: 53
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 06, 2005 at 6:29 PM / IP Logged  
The subs i run are 2 TS-W34c pioneers in a sealed box with a crappy 400 watt jensen hooked up Its not all that but is good enough till the time comes to upgrade to the goods i use to have.
joebobcletusjr 
Copper - Posts: 72
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 02, 2005 at 5:41 PM / IP Logged  

I find it kind of funny that you want to increase the outside noise.  I have been trying to decrease it ever since I got my 2nd noise ordinance violation.  Dynamat would definetely be a good addition, and as said earlier it will increase the sound level inside the car by eliminating rattling comming from your pannels which can rattle on the outside.  I hate it when I hear a car comming up that sounds like it's dragging a bunch of cans.

eh? what did you just say?
bumpingjeep 
Copper - Posts: 149
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 02, 2005 at 7:37 PM / IP Logged  
all stripes is doing is asking for help...if you have no words of wisdom or helpfull tips then why respond...this is should be a place where you help others...not bash them...i find it hard to believe that any one of you who just ripped this poor guy at on point or another wasn't interested in how far away you could here your car...heck...thats the reason that most people get into this anyway...ridiculing someone for something that you have once enjoyed does nothing but disgust me...it also turns people away from this site...it's even the reason why i rarely use this site anymore...accept for when i'm really bored...remember guys...you were all there at one point and time and all you wanted was to learn more...not to be slammed...there seems to be a great amount of knowledge on this website that is just getting forgotten due to ignorance...

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic