icon

Crimestopper alarm 97 Chevy Blazer

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
skerr 
Copper - Posts: 52
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2002 at 9:54 AM / IP Logged  

Hi, I am installing a crimestopper alarm w/ remote start on my 97 chevy blazer. I am looking for the Dome light wire and is there more than one door trigger wires or can I use the one at the drivers door pin switch? Also the alarm has a negative horn honk output and i hooked it up the the negative wire in the steering column for the horn but it does not honk. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Shawn

Shawn
Player69 
Silver - Posts: 504
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2002 at 11:32 AM / IP Logged  

Just go to the white at the light under the dash.  It is - when door is open.

As for the horn wire, you are looking for a black wire from the steering column.  Test with a DMM, should be ground when you push the horn pad. 

egtalon93 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2002 at 11:45 AM / IP Logged  

horn honk is a high current ground must use relay

Player69 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2002 at 11:46 AM / IP Logged  

No its not high current.  It grounds a relay.  The output should be more then enough.

skerr 
Copper - Posts: 52
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2002 at 1:37 PM / IP Logged  

I am looking for the dome light wire for the dome light supervision, also my blazer has a dome light delay. I do have the correct - horn wire but it does not honk the horn ever.

Any ideas?

Shawn
Player69 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2002 at 2:59 PM / IP Logged  

Check to make sure your horn wire is putting out a - pulse when it is supposed to.  Perhaps the transistor output is fried. 

As for the door switch, you will have to check it at the switch and see if it goes - when any of the other doors are open.  If not you will need to go to each door and diode isolate.

Player69 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2002 at 3:06 PM / IP Logged  

This is a s10 sized blazer correct?  Not a full size?  Because i have a GM wiring diagram here for the small Blazer and according to it, it does not have a delay.  In fact getting the wires at the white wire at the switch or the white wire at the light would be the exact same thing.  You can also get it at the headlight switch.

Now if this is a full size ie. taoe or suburban it is a different story.  In that case you should get it at the purple at the light switch and that will detect all doors and is not affected by dome delay.

Player69 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2002 at 3:12 PM / IP Logged  

For the horn wire, test to make sure it is 12v (feeds back through relay) when the horn is not pressed and ground when the horn is pressed.  If this is the case ground the wire and it should honk the horn.  Only do this after triple checking it is the right wire. 

If this is the case and your remote start does not honk the horn when hooked to this wire, double check to make sure it is a - output and not +.  Also make sure the unit is programmed correctly.  Check with a DMM to make sure it puts out a ground when it is supposed to.  If it doesn't the transistor output is likely fried.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic