icon

Kicker Ports ha ha!

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
5150azn 
Silver - Posts: 584
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 12, 2005 at 11:55 AM / IP Logged  
I was in Circuit City the other day giving some installers a hard time. They were showing me the kickers they now carried. Whats up with the 10" ports on their box? If thats not a big port I don't know what is. Kids can probably play hide an seek with that sub box.
Tell the Snap-On guy I'm not here!
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 12, 2005 at 12:42 PM / IP Logged  
Didn't you know that bigger is better?  Also if it has neon and chrome it adds at least 3db!
Support the12volt.com
joebobcletusjr 
Copper - Posts: 72
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 12, 2005 at 1:04 PM / IP Logged  

DYohn wrote:
Didn't you know that bigger is better?  Also if it has neon and chrome it adds at least 3db!

In that case I am going completely free-air, screw boxes, if I just put my sub in my trunk and just let it roll around, it will be even better!

I will have some pics of my nex install which will consist of a sub mounted to a flat piece of MDF and just chilling in my trunk, don't know how long it will take, but I should be finished after all of my math is finished... i'd say 3 months

(that is sarcasm by the way, it's so hard to tell sometimes without voice inflection)

eh? what did you just say?
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 12, 2005 at 1:12 PM / IP Logged  
The old "roll around in the trunk" install works great, but can be annoying with all the banging as you go around curves, plus you need to use about 10 feet of speaker wire so it won't pull out.  I've found if you use the magnet to "stick" the woofer to the side of the car it's better.  Or just jab a screwdriver through the cone and stick it into the carpet someplace.  This works especially well with Sony subs.  Kicker Ports ha ha! -- posted image.
Support the12volt.com
spl-Hz 
Copper - Posts: 94
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 12, 2005 at 1:33 PM / IP Logged  

You gotta love the humor on this Forum. God I love the 12 volt and it's contributer's!!!!!

Optik 
Copper - Posts: 53
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 12, 2005 at 1:34 PM / IP Logged  
LMAO this is great well my last install was a peice of diamond plate chromed and had neons on it looked really good just wedged it between the seats sounded awsome and the guy loved the look. maybe the next one i will mount the subs on the plate instead of using the magnet
5150azn 
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 12, 2005 at 1:37 PM / IP Logged  
c'mon guys we are talking about ports here not free-air. For example mounting a sub to a pvc pipe, thats engineering.
spl-Hz 
Copper - Posts: 94
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 12, 2005 at 1:44 PM / IP Logged  
Or a five gallon bucket with rachet ties holding it to the trunk floor right. Don't forget the aluminum flex tubing from your dryer ported through the rear deck!!  HAHA
5150azn 
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 12, 2005 at 2:18 PM / IP Logged  
haha five gallon bucket!!! goddam you guys lmao
chucksnee 
Copper - Posts: 127
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 12, 2005 at 3:05 PM / IP Logged  
O.K. i may be off here but i know alot of guys who use DD subs and amps and they use ports that are 5 inch wide x 12 inch tall x 16 inch deep(long) port.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic