Clifford Wizard Pro/Intellistart

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Cav3Kim 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2005 at 3:23 AM / IP Logged  
Hi There
Am new to the clifford software and wondering if anyone has a comprehensive guide on the Wizard Pro software including all the settings and how I should set it up?
my installer won't help me :-(
Thanks in advance.
Richard
bretbowman 
Copper - Posts: 156
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2005 at 6:44 AM / IP Logged  

What kind of information did you need?  I don't think that they have a guide to the software.   You can get into the software in "offline" mode and view the help file, but most of the settings are pretty straight forward.  If you have specific questions about the software, I'll try to help.  I have to professional version and have tickered with it quite a bit.

2002 Toyota Sequoia Limited 2WD (Clifford G5 Avantguard 5 w/ 2 SmartWindows modules) - IT Engineer - NRA Life Member - LDS Return Missionary - Married for time AND ETERNITY - Eternally sealed family
Cav3Kim 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2005 at 11:39 AM / IP Logged  
I'm looking for a guide on how to use each of the features on the software. I'll start with half a dozen questions, if you're happy to help me out with them and more I'll post more if that's ok with you? or I can e-mail or use the MSN messenger?
thanks
Richard
Cav3Kim 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2005 at 11:45 AM / IP Logged  
System is a Concept 300UK
Personalised Siren Sounds
why are there 6 tone settings available? I assume that my alarm will only play one when activated, so what are the other 5 for?
Most of the rest of my queries are starter related
in fact, I'm looking at the starter screen and would like all of the settings explained and what should I set them to? In particular the programming of RPM
Also I have tapped into my coil -ve wire for the RPM signal, however if I attempt to program the RPM's then the remote start feature will not work, I have to de-program it to get it to start properly.
many thanks Bret, sorry for so many questions, I really am a novice, let me know if I can contact you via MSN.
Thanks again
Richard
bretbowman 
Copper - Posts: 156
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2005 at 2:15 PM / IP Logged  

Ok, I'll take a stab.  Ask as many questions as you like.  Hopefully, the ones I can't answer, someone else will.

Most alarms do not have alternating tones on the siren.  Just a plain siren with raising and lowering pitch while it sounds.  Alternating tones is a good idea, because some sounds/pitches penetrade matter differently.  With an alternating tones siren, your alarm is more likely to get attention in the event of a break in.  On my alarm, you can select up to 15 tones.  By default, the siren will alternate through each tone for approx. two seconds each.  You can program the alarm to remove certain tones that you do not like.  If you want one tone, you just delete the 14 others.  Also variety of tones on an alarm, make owners happier... choice.

1. Programming of the RPMs should be done while the engine is running and after it has had the time to warm up to normal running tempeture.  This tells the remote start unit when to STOP cranking the starter to try to start the engine.  Once the RPMs reach idle speed, the engine should run on it's own.  This also helps the remote start unit provide "anti-grind circuitry".  It will not attempt a remote start when you're on the highway going 65 miltes an hour, because it can see that the car is already started and running at very high RPMs.

2. Tempeture and Voltage Thresholds - These settings (if enabled) will automatically start your car if the tempeture reaches the set amount or if the voltage output from your batter reaches a set threshold.  These are beneficial if you're out of town for a couple weeks and your battery starts to get low, your alarm will start you car for awhile to charge the batter back up.  Or, if it gets very cold, the unit can start the car for awhile to warm it up.

3. Crank time - probably self explanitory, but this is the ACTUAL crank time in seconds that the remote start will CRANK your starter to try to start the car.

4. Auto STart Interval - this is the interval, or how much time will pass between the time that your car automatically starts based on tempeture outside and battery voltage (if enabled).

5. Input type - specifies whether you have hooked up a tach wire to the car or not.  I think that if you cannot hook up a tach wire, the alarm will just crank for a preset amount of seconds. 

6. Engine type is self explanitory- you either have a petrol or diesel engine.  If you have diesel, then you can set a delay on the actual cranking attempts on the engine.

7. Battery voltage calibrate - this checks the status of your battery at normal voltage (uses this setting to know when the battery is getting low)

8. Retained accessory power - this setting enables or disables your radio staying on after you shut the car off and take the key out of the ingition - when you open a door, the accessory wire loses power and shuts off radio, etc.

9. Input status & output control view - this just monitors the system for troubleshooting, so you can see what the system is doing and where it's sending voltage without getting out a voltmeter and testing all the wires.

10. start when timer expires - I'm not 100% sure on this because it has to do with diesel engines and I've never owned a diesel engine vehicle, so can't really help ya on this.

Hopefully this information sheds some light on what you're seeking to learn.  :)

Good luck!

PS- on the RPM wire, I'd really take the time to FIND the a usable tach wire that can be programmed if I were you.  The remote start feature works SOOO much more smoothly when the tach wire is properly programmed and receiving signal from the engine.  This is the step for me that usually takes several hours and is quite frustrating.  Fortunately, now that DEI and other websites spell this info out for us, it saves many hours of hunting and testing wires.

2002 Toyota Sequoia Limited 2WD (Clifford G5 Avantguard 5 w/ 2 SmartWindows modules) - IT Engineer - NRA Life Member - LDS Return Missionary - Married for time AND ETERNITY - Eternally sealed family
Cav3Kim 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 15, 2005 at 2:16 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the reply Bret
so what settings to I need to put everything at?
I have a concept 300, so if I program a different tone under the six different boxes it'll alternate every two seconds?
1: so how to I program the RPM settings, I've tapped into the rev counter wire (-ve coil wire) and the indicated revs on the wizard are not correct, and the remote starter will not work with the RPM programmed.
2: How does the alarm know the temp and batt voltage as I have run no specific wires for those, althoug it would be lovely to monitor those so that it will start when they fall too low, thanks.
3: yeah crank time, that's fine, thanks
4: So if I set this to 1 hour, and I have the the temp monitored if the temp never goes up then the car will start every hour?
5: input type, I have a -ve coil wire tapped into I get a signal from the coil but it does not indicate correctly
6: Petrol thanks, but soon to be diesel
7: where does it get this reading from, I have not run a specific wire
8: not sure on this, will have to have a little play, I think this might help me with my total closure.
9: yeah, no worries there, thanks
10: think this one is to time when the diesel engine should start after heating the glow plugs. I think.
I've got a tach wire, but I'm not sure that I've programmed the alarm to it properly, which is why it won't work. are you able to elaborate on the correct settings for me?
thanks again.
Richard
Cav3Kim 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 18, 2005 at 4:42 AM / IP Logged  
anyone else manage to shed light on this?
Cav3Kim 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 03, 2005 at 7:45 AM / IP Logged  
does anyone know why I can't program the RPM correctly?
how do I know if I've got the correct wire?
thanks
Richard

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic