icon

96 neon, Hiteeh HT - 455

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
chay03 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: April 16, 2005 at 9:46 AM / IP Logged  
Parking lights would go to BLACK / YELLOW wire behind light switch and is positive. It was a little difficult to cut the wire or tap into behind the switch, so I found the wire in the engine compartment, next to the battery in black loom bundle. That was just easier to tap into.
philipk2003 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: April 26, 2005 at 1:36 PM / IP Logged  
Engine cap for the Hitech 455 is the negative output for remote engine start. A module is needed for this function. Not sure why they called it "engine cap", but I think it has to do with some type of chinese to english translation.
philipk2003 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 26, 2005 at 7:06 PM / IP Logged  

Bobk,

Not sure what to tell you, it is obviously that you are very knowledgeable based on your number of postings.  (634 vs. my 1)

However, I just installed one 2 days ago and I'm looking at the Owner's manual and wiring diagram as I type.  Here is why I think it is an engine start module and why I think it is some type of chinese translation issue:

1)  On page 7 and 8 the owners manual saids:  " CH1 Output - Trunk Release (Option), CH2 Output - Power Window Roll Up (Option), CH3 Remote Engine Start (Option), CH4 - PW Roll Down (Option)".  

2) Then on page 15 is the Wiring Diagram.  There are only 4 optional output wire which are Trunk, roll up windows, ENGINE CAP, and Open Dormer (what ever Dormer is, I think is Open Window).

philipk2003 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2005 at 5:00 PM / IP Logged  
Have to disagree with you.   The wiring diagram clearly states that it is a "O/P -500mA", that is OUTPUT (negative) 500 milliamps
rancidpunk 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: May 26, 2005 at 5:45 PM / IP Logged  

hi,

i unfortantly have the gay htt-455 alarm, i know i should have spent more money but whatever, i thought i would give it a shot. i'v got almost everthing to work, except my when my alarm goes off do to the sensor the lights flash but there is no sound, is there anyone who would know why? also, after disarm my alarm or just entering the car period, all my lights flash for about 15s. i cant figure out why, if anyone could help me i would appreciate it alot, the car is a 96 neon sohc.

ps if anyone needs help figuring out the relay i can tell you exactly what to do.

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic