Fm2009 alarm in 98 silverado

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Prophit 
Copper - Posts: 79
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 15, 2005 at 6:10 PM / IP Logged  

Installing this alarm and just have 2 questions

1) they are + door locks. Alarm is - door locks. Meaning i need 2 relays for the door locks correct?

2) There is a yellow wire for Ignition input +, is this suppse to tap into the Ignition 1 wire?

Thanks for the help

KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 15, 2005 at 7:00 PM / IP Logged  

1.....yes

2......yes. I believe its pinkFm2009 alarm in 98 silverado -- posted image.

Prophit 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 21, 2005 at 2:24 PM / IP Logged  
Having problems trying to get these door locks working properly. I have 98 silverado and a fm 2009 alarm. I have the relays wired correctly cause the door locks are + and the alarm trigger is -. But i noticed today im burning a wire. Anyone have any idea's?
thepencil 
Gold - Posts: 1,526
Gold spacespace
Posted: April 21, 2005 at 3:18 PM / IP Logged  
"But i noticed today im burning a wire"
Do you mean smoke is coming out of this wire.
Be careful whose advice you buy, but be patient with those who supply it.Fm2009 alarm in 98 silverado -- posted image.
Calgarysouth 
Member - Posts: 39
Member spacespace
Posted: April 21, 2005 at 3:34 PM / IP Logged  

where did u get your doorlock wires???  from the relay pack above the gas pedal??  if you did, are you on blue and white....

did you grab them somewhere else??  are you on motor wires??

Prophit 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 21, 2005 at 4:04 PM / IP Logged  

I got them from the driver side kick panel. Let me try to explain it better.

The alarm has - door locks. The truck is +. So i have the the relays wired as a 3 wire positive door locks.  When i arm the alarm i have + power to the correct door lock but nothing. My problem is there is no - power going to the other door lock wire. Now if i plug the harnest back in for the door locks they have - power constant. Then i tab into them and i hear sparks and i can see i fried a wire. What am i doing wrong?

Prophit 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 21, 2005 at 4:07 PM / IP Logged  
Having alot of problems getting the auto start to start. I have fm2009 alarm and 98 silverado. When i do the autostart the truck will start then die. I have checked and recheck all my wiring and still can get it to go. Its not the brake auto kill. Now i dont have any current (-/+) going to the hood switch. When i do it just dies before even trying to start. Any ideas?
Prophit 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 21, 2005 at 5:56 PM / IP Logged  
No i have not yet set it up. I have the tach wire tapped though.. but still having the same issues.
Prophit 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 21, 2005 at 6:21 PM / IP Logged  

Im using the tach wire.. Still it cranks then starts but wont stay on. I just checked all my wiring again and its all correct. Now here is the funny part.. If i put the key in and wait for it to crank and just set the key to on it will crank and start and stay on then i can take the key out and it will stay started.. any ideas?

meltingplastic 
Copper - Posts: 225
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 21, 2005 at 6:28 PM / IP Logged  
what do u need help with for the remote start? I just did a 99 tahoe sunday and it was easy as cake.. dont forget to hook up the 2nd ignition wire!!!!!
Driving a Bagged, Caddied 02 s10
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic